• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

am i just looking for things to moan about or would you be annoyed too?

2ndtimeluckyX

Reaction score
we are going away tomorrow with hubbys family for the weekend

the following are going:

his mum and dad
me and hubby
his bro, wife and 2 kids
his other bro, wife and 2 kids
his sister, fella and 2 kids

we have split the cost equally between all 4 siblings (we are paying for his mum and dad as an anniversary gift)

the thing that annoys me is we needed to book 2 big four bedroomed villas (costing just over £300 per couple for the weekend) to accommodate everyone because each of his brothers and sister have two children. we have no kids and have had to pay the same amount even though there is only the two of us.

is that unfair or am i just looking for something to be pissed about (im doing it a lot lately! :growlmad: lol)

we have always just split it 4 ways in the past and its never bothered me before but its only just dawned on me now that we are saving money for baby. surely they should pay more having two kids each? i would expect to pay a bit more for holidays when baby arrives.

when we go on holiday we always split it per head, so if the children are like under 2 they are not counted since its no extra cost but ours is different we went butlins;

Me
oh
Kyle
My mum
My dad
My brother

My mum paid for 3, we paid for 2 since kyle was free so she paid for more of the holiday because rightly so there is more of them who need own rooms IYKWIM? lol

If the kids have their own rooms then yes their parents should be paying more.

when we go on holiday we always split it per head, so if the children are like under 2 they are not counted since its no extra cost but ours is different we went butlins;

Me
oh
Kyle
My mum
My dad
My brother

My mum paid for 3, we paid for 2 since kyle was free so she paid for more of the holiday because rightly so there is more of them who need own rooms IYKWIM? lol

oh yer if the kids were babies it wouldnt bother me in the slightest but the oldest is 16 and they all have rooms too. just seems a lot of money to pay for two villas and we only need one bedroom!

id pay by rooms then it makes sence. no wonder the siblings dont mind this deal they get you and your oh to pay part of their bloody rooms

id pay by rooms then it makes sence. no wonder the siblings dont mind this deal they get you and your oh to pay part of their bloody rooms

I KNOW!!! Its really bugging me know ive thought about it lol

I agree, I'd be annoyed but would be hard to bring it up as you've been ok with it before, well at least not aired your annoyance before. People are too quick to blame disliking a situation or something on 'hormones' now you're pregnant grr which really annoys me, so probably best not to bring it up, but you're right to feel how you do!!! x

You're not just looking for things to moan about, I'd be pee'd off too. I've also started noticing unfair stuff like this since we've been saving for baby ! :dohh: x

well unless you want to argue it now i would just say make the most of these holidays when you have older children and their 16year olds have left home :haha:

ive only noticed because his bro has just emailed me the holiday confirmation to enable us to book in and it has the total price on it and it dawned on me!! i will be asking questions in future before booking/paying for things!

It does seem silly that you and your OH are paying the same price as FOUR people when there's only two of you :dohh: (well, 2 and a half :D) x

It does seem silly that you and your OH are paying the same price as FOUR people when there's only two of you :dohh: (well, 2 and a half :D) x

awww yeah i should stop saying there is only the two of us now lol!!

on the booking confirmation it says

10adults
5 kids
1 infant

and i just thought wow we have paid for a quarter of this holiday and there is just me and hubby! (and peanut of course)

oh well, whats done is done i suppose, still cant wait for this break!! and i love his family to bits (even if they are a bit cheeky ive just realised lol)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"