Am I just worrying too much??

S

shaunanicole

I posted about this earlier but Ava has been sleeping a lot. I bumped her up by an ounce last week and she was sleeping pretty much all day and all night and was up only 3-4 hrs a day. She started wanting to eat more so I uped her by another ounce again at the end of last week and she is still sleeping a lot.

No fever, she is pooing 2-3 times daily, and isn't acting abnormal. When she is awake she is really alert and smiles and coo's some (she seems to be happy). I just can't believe she is sleeping SO much! Is this normal???? I keep worrying over it!!! :cry:

My little guy is 9 weeks old and still sleeps 14-16 hours in a 24 hour period. I would say if your LO has normal wet and dirty diapers and is eating good then there is nothing to worry about.

It sounds pretty normal to me hun, she sounds fine. Euan slept loads when he was younger and he still sleeps alot now for a 10 month old. If she is bright and alert when awake, and she is eating, pooing and peeing fine i wouldn't worry!

my little man is 6 wks 3Dy's and hopefully we have got over his colic he's having 4/5 oz of milk every 3hrs and sleeping most of the time i was the same as you is this normal yes :happydance::happydance::happydance:
so the HV says its a sign were doing a good job :thumbup: as long as babe looks well and nappies are dirty then relax its not going to last forever x

MERRY CHRISTMAS XXX

Completely normal. Violet was still sleeping a hell of a lot until about 4 months but now she's hardly asleep during the day at all so definately make the most of it!!

A newborn may sleep as much as 16 hours a day (or even more), often in stretches of 3 to 4 hours at a time. And like the sleep all of us experience, babies have different phases of sleep: drowsiness, REM (rapid eye movement) sleep, light sleep, deep sleep, and very deep sleep. As babies grow, their periods of wakefulness increase.

At first, these short stretches of 3 to 4 hours of sleep may be frustrating for you as they interfere with your sleep pattern. Have patience — this will change as your baby grows and begins to adapt to the rhythms of life outside the womb:happydance:

I was just wondering if this was normal too - she used to sleep about 12-13 hours in a day on average and now it feels like shes sleeping all the time - is this a 6th week kind of thing? Is it just a phase? I worry if she sleeps all day she wont sleep at night but its impossible to keep her awake!! Lol.

Amber was like that too. I wouldn't worry hun they're growing quite a lot at that age and they need their sleep. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->