Am I likely to get my money back?

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by MNORBURY, Jun 6, 2011.

1. MNORBURY

MNORBURY Well-Known Member

I bought a digital photo frame off Ebay about 2/3 weeks ago for my mum and dads anniversary present (on 9th June).

I checked it for marks etc but didn't think to plug it in.

Anyhow I was going to put some pics on for them today and when I plugged it in the screen is cracked (internally) so all you see is a HUGE black splodge and a crack right across the screen :(.

I've emailed the seller so I'm waiting to hear back, do you think it is likely that I will get my money back or not? (It was £28!).

I've had to go out today and buy another one as I can't give them nothing on Thursday, I should have just done that in the first place!

2. tina_h75

tina_h75 mommy of 3

you most probably will and if you paid by paypal then you have extra cover. most ebay sellers are reasonable enough and want to keep positive feedback.

3. MNORBURY

MNORBURY Well-Known Member

I did pay by paypal, just with it being a few weeks back they might say I've done it iykwim. I should've bloody checked it but it never even crossed my mind! Luckily I haven't left feedback yet

4. xSophieBx

xSophieBx Mummy to a Beautiful Girl

As you haven't left feedback yet, I'd immediately start a dispute(gets the ball rolling quicker), for item not as described, say u've been away and only just checked it or something. Ebay usually always sides with the buyer, u will probs have to send it back to the seller though and if the seller doesn't cooperate then it will take longer to get the money but I think u should do eventually :) I hope the seller is a decent one though! xx