Am I mad?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by clemma, Jun 8, 2011.

1. clemma

clemma Active Member

I think I may just be. Me and the other half currently live in the south-east but are planning on moving near Leeds at the beginning of July. All well and good, but by then I will be 36 weeks pregnant. We are only moving that far as we are both from the north west (so to be close to family) and we have been offered a really nice 2 bed house (my best friend currently lives there, but moves out soon, handing the tenancy on to us). We can't get anywhere suitable where I am now, nor can the OH find a job!

My only concern is moving midwife/hospital etc - how easy will it be? Am I making things harder for myself?

2. MrsH86

MrsH86 Well-Known Member

I think what you're doing makes sense for all reasons and it will be great moving somewhere nearer family. As for the hospital/midwife situation, I bet loads of people go into labour when they aren't where they'd expect to be, or where they don't know the hospital etc so as long as you're prepared for it then I'm sure it will be fine! Good Luck x

3. Louise-B

Louise-B Mummy to Kitty + preg

Hi there, I've been in a similar situation. We moved from Bristol to Huddersfield when I was 38 weeks pregnant (with DD1). It was slightly stressful, but we registered with the new doctors the day after we moved up, booked in to see the midwife a few days after that (they squeezed me into their diary cos of the urgency), and then baby was born a week later at Calderdale.

I'd recommend you do some online research (or ask your friend) re a good doctors to register at, where they are, are they taking new patients etc, as well as deciding which hospital you think you would like to go to for birth, etc, so you are as prepared as possible.

And then keep your legs crossed until everything is sorted!!! I'm sure it'll all work out okay!

4. clemma

clemma Active Member

Phew, so I'm not the only one. I've already been told which hospital to choose and doctors, so I guess I will just register the day I get there! Thanks people.

5. mummymarsh

mummymarsh NTNP with earth baby #2

and this is what your materniy notes are for!!! incase you go into labour or have an accident and you cant see your normal doctor or go to your nomal hospital....so if u did go into labour and you hadnt managed to sort it all out then just hand them the notes over!!!xxx