Am I miscarrying? what should I do???

Littlelotus

Reaction score
Hello,

I was shopping this morning and I started to feel like I just started my period. I went to the bathroom and sure enough there is blood. It's bright red, and has some small (the size of a grain of rice) black clots. I still feel like I am on my period, not painful, but there are mild cramps. I haven't had any symptoms of a MC until this started. I'm not sure what to do. Please help. My husband is at work and my 5 year old is home. I don't want to scare her, so please let me know what I need to do. Google is no help.

I'm sorry to hear of your discomfort. I had the same thing happen to me a week and a half ago. I called my doctor and they made time to see me that day. Then, they did blood work and an ultrasound. For me the news was not good and my baby no longer had a heart beat. That being said some women bleed during entire pregnancy and have a healthy baby. So please hold onto hope. Try to make an appointment asap and in meantime bed rest. I know that will be hard with a child at home but if you tore or injured yourself you will need time to heal. Hold on to faith and pray. You Will be in my thoughts and prayers. :hugs:

Thank you, I am new to the area so I don't know of any place that will take me on a Sunday. I have a midwife appointment tomorrow morning, I just am not sure if I should go to urgent care or the emergency room :nope:

So people will tell you to go immediately. I have had family go and say they waited for hours stressing in waiting room. For me, that was not a good choice. I heard from my friends that you can't stop a miscarriage from happening. It just happens. So for me, I prefered to wait 5 hours to see doctor. If going will give you peace of mind, then go. They should be able to give you lots of info. You can also try calling and asking their opinion. I really hope all goes well for you. I know it can be scary. Good luck and keep me posted.

I did go to the hospital. They did an ultrasound and took blood and urine. The gestational sac is smaller than it should be and my hug level has dropped pretty low. The doctor said there is still a chance I could have the baby, so I'm on bed rest for the next two days and getting retested afterward.

I will say a prayer for your baby and you.

Unfortunately, if you are miscarrying, there is nothing that will stop it at this point. I've had several m/c and each time, I've prayed and hoped and done everything I could to keep that baby safely inside and each time nothing worked. But I've had two kids as well and with my daughter, I had some bleeding off and on around 8 weeks but made it to term just fine. Seeing blood during pregnancy is a very scary thing but it doesn't always mean the end. Fingers crossed things get better for you and I'll be thinking of you! :hugs:

Thank you. I am pretty sure I am miscarrying. I've been bleeding none stop since 12:30 yesterday afternoon, there is cramping and I woke up in the middle of the night with pretty intense lower back pain. I had my moments of mourning yesterday, and will probably feel down for a couple days, but life goes on and we can always try again. It was really scary at first, but I have thought a lot about it, and figure that this might be happening because the timing is just not right for a new baby. I was laid off a couple weeks ago and we were really worried about how we would pay for everything.

My husband has been great through the whole thing, and we talked and I decided that I didn't want to try again until I had a steady job and health insurance again. I really appreciate your advice and thoughts. :hugs:

Having been there, I know how that goes. You have a pretty good attitude about it though and that will help get you thru the sad times. Hopefully things get better for you soon and you'll get your lucky BFP the next time. Some things I've found helpful for getting thru a miscarriage are use a hot water bottle or heating pad to ease the cramps, stick to tylenol for pain relief (unless you've gotten a prescription or the okay from your doctor to use something else) as things like aspirin and ibuprofen can cause bleeding issues, take it easy for a few days, and keep a stash of magazines or movies on hand to keep you occupied. Good luck!

They say everything happens for a reason. I think the silver lining is knowing that after living through a mc is that you can help others by relating to their experiences. I'm glad you found your silver lining.

It really does help when you have a supportive husband. I'm glad he is there for you. Rest up and good luck with job hunting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->