Am I normal???

hopingtobemum

Reaction score
Hi girls. This is more a post about me rather than baby. Sorry In advance.

So for about 8 weeks now I have been feeling down. I cry a lot. I can't cope when she is crying a lot and I cry too. I am very very anxious about what might happen to her. Always worried about how much she has drunk. I google EVERYTHING that she does or doesn't do. I worry constantly about her development.
I snap at family members when they try to give advice. I don't want to leave her with anyone including my husband in case they don't do thing "my way" or "right"!
My mood is very up and down.
My husband works long days 3 or 4 times a week but before them I dread him going to work and get very down about it the night before.

I feel so bad saying this but I look forward to her bedtime so I can get 5 minutes peace to myself. The house is a mess and I am not eating properly as never get any time to cook.
I finish most days in tears and dread being alone sometimes.

I went to the doctors 4 or 5 weeks ago and explained my feelings and she told me to come off the pill as it might be that that is causing me to feel down. I did straight away but I don't feel that is has got any better.

I argue with my husband so much.

Sorry for rambling on and on.
I just wanted to see if anyone feels similar to me. And whether it is a normal thing or not.
I love my daughter so so so much, I have bonded with her.
Unfortunately I had to have a c section and she wouldn't breastfeed which still gets me down a bit too.

Thanks for reading xxxxx

This sounds a lot like postpartum depression to me, I'd go back to your GP if I were you hun, massive hugs :hugs:

I think you should see gp or hv about pnd. I too had c section and unable to bf with my first. I had the baby blues bad but nothing like you describe and it wyent after a month. It's nothing to be ashamed of and you should seek help so you can get back to being yourself and enjoy motherhood.

Oh and I think all mums look forward to bedtime so don't feel bad about that! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"