Am I out for the month?

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by bubulix, Dec 20, 2009.

1. bubulix

bubulix Well-Known Member

I'm so annoyed with myself for thinking I could do it first month of trying, but my fiance and I decided (a year from our wedding on the 20th November) we would give ourselves 2 months to try to get pregnant (I know it's not a long enough time but we decided - what the heck, it's worth a go!)

Anyway it started of this casual secret between us, a bit of fun - but soon after I was spending every day on the web finding out about conception/cycles and going on boards like this. I now really want to be pregnant but think I'm out for the month and wondered what you experts think....

On the 20th Nov I stopped taking the pill mid month (about a week in to the packet) and on the 24th I had a full blown period which lasted until the 29th Nov. We then started having sex every day (sometimes twice) until the 14th (CD20) when we didn't that day and the 16th (CD22) (which I didn't think would matter as I thought it would be past my ovulation - I got really thick cm on the 9th/10th I think (CD15/16) .

Anyway I've tested about 3 times this month having developed a little addiction to POAS even though at the times there was no way possible it would be a positive. I'm a bit of a hypochondriac so have had all sorts of positive systems in the last week - strong sense of smell, bloating, nausea when hungry, cramping. However today I've had a bit of pinky/red bleeding but not much. However I don't know what my cycle length is post-pill yet. Do you think it's my period or do you think there is hope and it's IB?

Sorry this has been a long post, and I know in the next day or so I'll know if it was the witch but what do you think?

2. WannaB

WannaB Busy Finding Nirvana!

Wow only 2 months to get pregnant?!! Hope your not giving up if you dont! Its really hard to say whats going on since your just off the pill and you dont know how a natural cycle works yet. It could be af or maybe ib you will just have to wait it out Im afraid, there is just no way of knowing at this stage. Hopefully you will one of those lucky ones that manages to get pregnant first off! Fingers crossed for you hun!xxx:hugs:

3. fairygirl

fairygirl Pregnant, 1 Angel, 2 Rainbows

It's really hard to tell. Yes some people believe you are more fertile straight after the pill. Saying that first month off your body gets a hormone surge and you can get a real variety of symptoms. Could be an IB. Try testing on CD30?
    :dust:

4. bubulix

bubulix Well-Known Member

Thanks - yeah this is just a two month test run (with big fingers crossed it works) then we'll stop so I'm not heavily pregnant when we get married and then start trying again on the honeymoon....... Only time will tell for the month and if AF hasn't fully turned up I'll test on CD30 (XMAS eve!)

xx

5. WannaB

WannaB Busy Finding Nirvana!

Hope you get a lovley Christmas surprise hun!:hugs:

6. fairygirl

fairygirl Pregnant, 1 Angel, 2 Rainbows

Sending :dust: and thoughts your way.