Am I over thinking things? Pregnancy announcement

LikeAVause

Reaction score
My sister had her baby yesterday morning and I am currently nearly 12 weeks pregnant. I've kept it a secret as its her first and my fourth. I've got quite a bump now and id like to tell her before anyone of importance asks (strangers and friends have asked already) I think she would be happy for me. I wouldn't announce it for another couple of weeks to family as my scan isn't until just before 14 weeks. I thought of saying.... *holding her baby* would you like a baby cousin? Oh you would, well how soon? March, well that's only 6 months away! And seeing my sister reaction. Opinions? Me and my sister see each other everyday, live across the road from each other and are really close.

I think its a nice idea but I wouldn't, it's her first baby and I think the 'glory' should be hers and the limelight on her baby.
Id probably announce to her when you announce to the rest of your family, or just before, but that's just me.

But if no family knew and only her then surely she'd still get all the "glory"?

But if no family knew and only her then surely she'd still get all the "glory"?

I think your idea is lovely!! Im sure she will be happy for you. My sister announced her 3rd pregnancy when I was 9 months pregnant on my first and I was delighted our babies would be so close in age.

There is also 6 weeks between my youngest and SILs first and we are delighted

I love that idea! She will feel super excited to have a cousin so close to her baby! And I think she'll be happy that you shared it with her first. :winkwink:

If you guys are that close, then I can't imagine her being anything but happy for you. Most adults, especially family who are close, wouldn't get hurt/jealous by anything someone they love has/does. People can be excited for you to be pregnant and still be excited for her and her new baby....one doesn't take away from the other. I think it's a cute idea and I'm sure she'll be thrilled for you!

I think waiting a couple of weeks is great... Not like you can hide it much longer than that anyway.

I think it is a sweet idea and personally I would have been so excited if my sister was pregnant right after I had my first baby, not at all jealous, though people are different. I figure you know her best! I would imagine that she would be excited to have babies so close in age, especially with you both being so close and seeing each other daily

I wouldn't tell her whilst holding her newborn. Your focus should be on your niece/nephew for just that visit. I'd tell her on another occasion.

When I had my first my sister announced she was pregnant when my little girl was a couple of weeks old. When my best friend was 3 months pregnant her sister announced she was too. There kids are soo close its adorable so is my daughter and my nephew.
I think you have to do what you feel is right, no one knows your sister better than you. Good luck :hugs:

I think it's a wonderful idea. Like you said you'd wait a couple weeks. It's not like you would be holding her baby for the first time and telling her. Honestly, I would be excited if I were her that you will have babies so close in age. That these cousins will grow up together especially if you live across from each other and see each other everyday. You wouldn't be stealing her "thunder". People will be excited for you but pregnancy (especially your 4th, not that any baby is less important but you've done it 3 times before) isn't going to trump her new baby like some are suggesting. It's not like you've been trying for 7 years and havent had any yet is what I'm getting at, not that that should make it different either.

I love that idea!

Will be so much love and joy and happiness in one room!

Only my opinion, but I'm not sure the method of telling her is that great as it feels a bit scene steal-y. If I were you, I'd tell her when it is just you and her, then announce further. It's not something you can hide anyway. Hope it all goes well :)

Only my opinion, but I'm not sure the method of telling her is that great as it feels a bit scene steal-y. If I were you, I'd tell her when it is just you and her, then announce further. It's not something you can hide anyway. Hope it all goes well :)

She said in her second post she would only do it when it's just her and her sister (and baby).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->