Am i overreacting!?

shiawase

mum & expecting # 2
Reaction score
Merry christmas everyone! So my OH phones his mum and dad this morning and they tell him that his sisters close friend took photos of liam from my facebook, printed them out and made calendars and keyrings for everyone i am so mad about it as she didnt ask us first and plus ive only met her once so i dont understand why she would do that anyway seeings surely thats our job to make things like that for family and i think using pictures of other peoples children should be done with their permission first. Im really pissed off about it but his sister thinks its no big deal and said not to start moaning about it! so am i just being silly!?

I think it was done as a good gesture and no harm was intended. I wouldn't make a fuss, the gifts are for close family. Maybe change your settings on Facebook if it makes you uncomfortable hun :hugs: x

I can see why you might be a little annoyed as she isn't family. However I do think think that she is trying to do something nice. She giving the key rings and calendars to family not doing anything else.

I think she thinks that she was doing something that you would all like and would be hurt if she realised that she had upset you.

I think you should just leave things lie. Personally I do think you are overacting a little. I would have been very happy if I friend had done something like for me. x x

I see why you're upset, and I actually would be too in your situation. It's not like it's one of *your* close friends, it's someone you barely know. Whatever her motivation, I agree that it's not her place to give gifts using images of your child to anyone - unless she was giving it to you (which I think is a lovely idea).

I'm sure she meant well, and I'm not really sure how you could let her know that you're upset without causing a row - so I guess you need to decide whether a fuss to make your point is worth it. A mean part of me would say to block her from seeing your Facebook photo album, but with the damage already being done, I don't think that would actually be helpful to anyone :blush:

Totally agree with Eala - if it was your own close friend fair enough but not somebbody you hardly know

thats the main point really that i hardly know her, she didnt even send me and OH a calendar/keyring for christmas she just gave them to his family and a few of her friends (for some reason!! why would she give her friends a calendar of someone elses baby!?) she also got liam a outfit but told his sister to let me know that she wants a picture of him in it so she knows he has worn it lol i guess im just being protective of my little man i didnt really think any of my friends on facebook would just use his pictures without my permission so im gonna try and block her fom seeing my pictures.

I dont think you are over reacting either hun, i think its a bit weird if i am honest. If it was a close friend of yours I would understand, but the fact is its your child and she never asked your permission, or even thought to give you a calander or keyring. I would most defo change my facebook settings so only people you want to has access like that to your profile.
If it was me I would probably say something too... nothing nasty as the deed is done with a good intention. I would say though that what you did was nice but if you are going to do something again, you should think about asking permission of the parents.
And yes why would she give her friends a calander of your baby... its a wee bit odd!

I dont think you are over reacting either hun, i think its a bit weird if i am honest. If it was a close friend of yours I would understand, but the fact is its your child and she never asked your permission, or even thought to give you a calander or keyring. I would most defo change my facebook settings so only people you want to has access like that to your profile.
If it was me I would probably say something too... nothing nasty as the deed is done with a good intention. I would say though that what you did was nice but if you are going to do something again, you should think about asking permission of the parents.
And yes why would she give her friends a calander of your baby... its a wee bit odd!

i agree it seems a bit odd, but no harm done i guess.. i would probably tell the person in the middle ( sorry forgot who it was ) that you are uncomfortable and will be setting your fb album for friends only to see or not to allow anyone to download or something ( dont use fb so not sure what measures you can use) then it may get back to her that you wernt too thrilled but no need to argue over it , it is done now.
tbh if i had a fb page i would be very strict about who got to see / download my photos anyway :)

[/QUOTE]

i agree it seems a bit odd, but no harm done i guess.. i would probably tell the person in the middle ( sorry forgot who it was ) that you are uncomfortable and will be setting your fb album for friends only to see or not to allow anyone to download or something ( dont use fb so not sure what measures you can use) then it may get back to her that you wernt too thrilled but no need to argue over it , it is done now.
tbh if i had a fb page i would be very strict about who got to see / download my photos anyway :)[/QUOTE]

Im not gonna bother saying anything its done now i'll just block her from my pics if i can...its already set so only my friends can see my pics anyway if i cant block her from my pics i'll just take her off my friends list as i dont want her doing that again!! Thanks for the replies hope you have all had a lovely christmas :hugs:

I dont think ur over reacting. no one should take ur pics of ur child without permission, especially in this day and age.....

I think you can actually specify people you don't want seeing your pics. If you go to Settings > Privacy settings, there's an area specific to photos, it's all pretty self-explanatory :)

I don't think you're overreacting :nope: that would pee me off too!

I would be sooooo mad if someone did this! Your not being silly or overreacting. I'd be pissed of if it were family let alone some woman you barely know. I'd delete her, its creepy x

I would be upset too at what she has done. On the flip side, my sister took some pictures of my LO and put them coasters BUT she gave the gifts to me and OH, not our family. That makes more sence to me!

Maybe change your FB privacy settings to stop it happening again?

I would be pretty mad to be honest!.... i mean thats the job of you to do or someone to do it for you kinda thing....

I did it for my MIL using pictures of our LO and also her cousin, so there is no favouritism, but before I did it I made sure BIL and SIL knew what I was doing.
For someone to use JUST pics of your LO and they aren't family is just strange

This is the MAIN reasn why me and the MIL have fallen out.

She wanted to send out pic on xmas cards. I got OH to tell her no and now she thinks i am a bitch?

Thats not their territory, its not their responsibility or right and I would be EXTREMEMLY pissed off to recieve anything like that.Friends or family, its not on. Liam is YOUR child and if anyone should do things like that - release pictures in that manner and publish them in that manner, well, thats YOUR perogitive.

Im sure it was a nice gesture but I wouldnt be very happy either especially as it wasnt one of your close friends! I made a calender for my best mate of her little boy but just asked her OH and Mum to get me some pics I can use. I wouldnt of just printed off her FB page!!! xx

OH dad told him lastnight that she only put 4 pictures of him in and left the rest of the calendar blank....what was the point of doing it!! lol shes a weird woman i sent her a message on chat saying not to do it again and she should of asked for permission first but she didnt reply so hopefully she got the message and wont do anything like that again!

I dont think you are overreacting at all. I would be seriously annoyed if it was me!:growlmad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->