Am I ovulating now after my M/C? Positive OPK!

ROSSLOUN

TTC #1 after m/c 1/1/10
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

just recently had a m/c :( i was supposed to be 8 weeks but nothing ever developed - early scan just showed empty sac... Started bleeding on 20th Dec and passed what I believed to be the sac on 1st jan, the bleeding stopped a few days later.

My husband and I have decided to TTC straight away, we were very upset but feel we are ready..

So I am now 12 days after miscarriage (dating it from when I passed the sac) and have just got a positive OPK!!!

Sunday (10 days afer m/c) - took a HPT - negative:( at least i know... Started using OPK's also - 2 tests, one at 12.30pm and one at 8pm both negative

Monday (CD11) - test one at 12.30 pm and two at 8pm both negative (although line getting darker)

Today (CD12) - test is definately positive and i have also had twinges and slight breast tenderness since last night..

Is it possible to be ovulating this early (day 12) after m/c?? I usually ovulate like day 17 or 18. Should i trust the OPK or could it be wrong??

What should I do now? Sex every day for 3 days??

What do you all think?? Is it right? xx What are my chances of getting pg immediately after m/c?

I would say it is definately possible. Before my youngest, I had a miscarriage at 8 weeks and was pregnant 3 weeks later. I am now pregnant after a miscarriage on the 30th November. I'm sorry to hear your loss, but really hope this turns out to be your month.

Hi Rossloun. I do think its possible from what I read on here (not from personal experience). You might want to join us on the "TTC after a loss" thread in the TTC section for these questions. Hopefully BandB will provide a dedicated section soon (separate to the pregnancy after a loss section) but for the time being we're there... x

You can ovulate early after a MC becuase if your HCG levels are so low some people can ovulate early, if the tests are saying so I would take it as a positive. If you have had negative HPT and OPK then so be it xxxxxxxxxx

I agree wih fluffy, soon as that hcg drops right down your cycle kicks off again, so you are probably about to ovulate, great news your cycle has decided to be kind to you! Good luck catching that eggy hun!:hugs:

As you have had neg HPT and OPK before, I would say it could be true. I had exact same thing after my m/c, I Ov on CD16 (CD1 being m/c) and got BFP 12 days later!
Good Luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->