Am i pregnant or its a chemical?

sandrella_m

Reaction score
Hi all , this is the first time for me to post in this forum , hope im in the right section! today im 2 days late , got my 1st bfp on 13 dpo one day before my period , but it was very very very faint so i decided to do the hcg level test on the same day my level was 15.06 too low i know , today at 16 dpo the level is 34.86 its still low , the doctor told it might be a chemical , and she requested for a progestrone test that needs 3 days for results, she put me on duphaston and baby aspirin :( and asked for hcg retest after 2 days , im devastated, could it be an early pregnancy? I know that i ovulated on 1st of august and felt the implantation cramps and pinching at 10 dpo , my cycle is 32 days , i attached my calender if anyone could tell me if she had the same issue and turned pregnant?! I need some hope , ive been waiting this bfp since 2 years :(

Attachments

• 2014-08-17-13-13-29.jpg
    2014-08-17-13-13-29.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 33
I input your values in a hcg doubling calculator and it seems like its doubling every 61 hours. It says normal is 31-72 hours so your numbers are still within range. Are you getting another beta done? Its hard to say whether you will have a chemical pregnancy..the important thing is not high your numbers are but whether your numbers are doubling within the required timeframe. Some women just have low hcg numbers..like me for example. I see women having hcg in the 1000s as early as 16/17 dpo and with my 7 year old son I had hcg of 383 at 21/22 dpo. Good luck to you and try and stay positive.

Thanx for your reply so sweet of u to do the calculation , im going to have a 3rd beta on wednesday , hope it increases more but the Gyn told me to expect the worst :( she crushed me :'(

My hcg with my son was 39 at 3w3d, and my dr. was concerned but it did go up. I hope that everything is okay. All pregnancies start out with low hcg...doubling time is what matters. I hope everything is okay. I think your next betas will tell a lot. It sounds like your doctor is on top of things, which is great.

Thanx for your reply Jellybean , may i ask with your son when was your first ultrasound? And what did it show?

It was at 5w6d b/c I was cramping and bleeding. We saw a heartbeat which was 95bpm and the ER doctor thought that I was going to miscarry. There's really no way to know with these things, and I know that it's so hard to wait:(

Yes its too hard , this waiting is killing me , waiting to ovulate , waiting to conceive, waiting for a pregnancy symptom then for a bfp , now waiting for it to survive , overwhelming!

How much was your second hcg level? And how long it took to rise?

May God bless your kid , thanx for replying..

Oops...it was:

3w2d--39
3w4d--430 (not sure if this was the exact number, but it was in the 400's)
4w2d--2,900
5w2d--18,025

So my doubling time was great but I spotted/bled/cramped for the first 10 weeks. It was stressful, to say the least. I hope that everything works out well for you.

I had low beta too at the beginning. The 1st one was 19. The reference tells below 5 not pregnant and above 25 pregnant. It made me confused, so what I am? Pregnant, not pregnant or a little pregnant? 2nd beta was 2 days later doubled but still low. I ended up having 4 beta. The 4th one was because I spotted. Luckily, beta was sky rocketing. We were be able to see hb. Doctor said threaten m/c but baby is going stronger everyday. I'm now off the hook from beta limbo, hb limbo and start enjoying my pregnancy so don't loose hope just yet. Good luck!

Thank you ladies for you support , so sweet of you

Disturbia, may i ask what your dpo was on the first beta?

Tomorrow is my third beta , will keep you updated ..

I did Ivf. I did first blood test 8 days after embryo transfer (age 5 days old) so it was around 13 dpo.

With my last pregnancy, my hCG was 38 at 13dpo and my dr was saying old hCG from a previous miscarriage. I knew it wasn't as I'd had bfns for 3 weeks by this point but she didn't believe me. Until the next beta that is. My hCG had jumped to 236 at 17dpo. She started predicting miscarriage because my levels were too low and I got pg too soon after a miscarriage. Her theory seemed to be coming true when I started spotting the next week, though my hCG went up to 1870 something at 5+3ish. I switched doctors because I couldn't stand her 'miscarriage imminent' talk and had an ultrasound at 6+1. That 'miscarriage' was born just 7 weeks ago and is currently letting me know she needs to be fed. Just because things aren't going as the dr says they 'should' be, doesn't mean it's going to actually GO that way. My little miss is proof positive that miracles do happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->