Am I Pregnant?

worried45

Reaction score
I was supposed to get my period yesterday as projected by my period tracker, and I got it. But it was weirdly light and only bright red gushes of blood when I wiped. I'm usually heavy my first few days.
Overnight it became heavy and I woke up with a lot more blood. I was able to fill a tampon in 2 hours but not soak it.
Now it's leaving. It's already diluting down and there's barely any blood in my pad.
I'm used to a 6 day period with 1-3 of the days starting off to be heavy.

I've never had sex, but my boyfriend had fingered me and we aren't sure if he had pre-ejaculate on his hands.

Am I pregnant?

I've had light periods and gotten my hopes up of pregnancy. But it ended up just being a light period. Based on your sexual activity, I would say no. Pre-ejaculate, contrary to popular belief, only contains sperm if the man has ejaculated and then not gone the bathroom afterwards. Even if this was the case and there was a chance of him having sperm on his fingers (in which case I urge you both to have a higher sense of hygiene when it comes to what goes inside of your lady bits), the chances of that impregnating you are low. Plausible, but low. Best way to know is to pee on a stick. But I would say a no on this one.

not very likely. Slim chances. they've done some studies and shown pre-ejaculate can contain sperm..but often does not. Also, if it did, sperm doesn't last very long in open air and they lose their ability to swim rapidly, so pregnancy would be VERY unlikely this way

not very likely. Slim chances. they've done some studies and shown pre-ejaculate can contain sperm..but often does not. Also, if it did, sperm doesn't last very long in open air and they lose their ability to swim rapidly, so pregnancy would be VERY unlikely this way

Not all sperm comes out when a guy ejaculates. The pre-ejaculate is meant to clear out the passages/ lower the acidity of the canal and the vagina to make the environment more hospitable. So if there is sperm left in that canal then when the pre-ejaculate flows through it it will pick up some strangling sperm.

Worried - I would say it was your period. I only had a super light, two day period that did not fill half a pad. But it was still my period. If you're that freaked out, pee on a stick. If you are too embarrassed to buy one (as I am going to assume you are quite young), you can always do the self check out at a grocery store.

Definitely sounds like you just had a light period, doesn't sound like you're pregnant. Your periods can change from time to time. If you were pregnant you shouldn't bleed like that. If you really think you are you should head to your nearest clinic for a test!

Sometimes we just have weird periods. If it hasn't stopped completely, then you still don't know how long it is going to last.

My cycle is extremely regular so I was pretty confused last February when I had 5 straight days of barely spotting then a heavy day then a couple more diluted days afterward. Usually, it's once instance of spotting the day before, then full flow for 5 days and 2 days to taper off. I wasn't pregnant. I have no explanation for why it was like that, and it never happened again.

My cousin is trying to conceive. She had a light period for two days and then bone dry. She took a test this morning and it was negative.

Unless he was using his own full-on ejaculate to lubricate his fingers, I highly doubt it. If he's not even sure it was on his hands, then it probably wasn't...and if was just "pre-ejaculate," then that's even less likely.

Ultimately, you won't know unless you take a test. You didn't say when the act took place either so depending on when that was, you may not have even been in a fertile enough phase to worry about it.

Thanks for all the opinions truly helped out.
My cycle is usually 30 days. Last period Dec 14th and the incident happened on January 3rd

If it makes you feel better, Worried, I also have a 30 day cycle and my last LMP was 12/13. I got my BFP almost two weeks ago from doing the fun stuff on 12/28th. Jan 4th is wayyy too late in your cycle (unless you had an irregular cycle) to get your eggo preggo. If you don't get you're period in a week, go take a pee test to be sure. But I would safely bet money on you not being pregnant. :) Try not to stress.

What I'm going through right now I think might be my period! I've been able to change my pad a few times and within 2 hours I nearly filled a tampon its just I'm not used to this lighter flow I'm usually so much heavier!

As some people mentioned, our periods can suddenly up and be different. One month might be lighter and longer another could be shorter and heavier. Our bodies like to throw us for a loop. I used to be able to know my period down to the hour. It's just what happens. :)

I can't tell you how much you helped me. I've been reading some crazy things all over the Internent. It's just so scary because I'm only 18 but I've never had sex or any direct gential before! He usually always washes his hands before he fingers me, especially if he touched his penis but this time it was a spur of the moment thing and when he fixed his penis he doesn't think he came in contact with pre but my head immediately thought for the worst!

Thanks for explaining everything. I'm pretty sure this is my period although lighter than normal, the color of the blood is bright red & I've seen some darker small clots.

Best of luck to you with your pregnancy xo

If you're filling pads I think it might just be a light period for you :flower:
I've had months of normal periods, and then all of a sudden would get a weird short one, or light one, or heavy one. I don't think you're pregnant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->