Am I Ready to Try FET #2 only 1.5 months after mc?

jaybee11

Reaction score
Hi I am new to this forum. My DH and I have been TTC since last Feb. We did 3 rounds of IUI before we moved on to IVF. I did my first IVF in Dec. 2014, which resulted in BFP but it was short lived. I miscarried on 1/8/15 when I was about 6 weeks. I miscarried naturally and the process was relatively painless (at least physically). I stopped bleeding on 1/18/2015. I have done 2 saline sono since then and my RE assured me that everything is clear and my uterus is clean. We weren't able to determine the cause of the miscarriage as all the tests came back normal. I also did PGD genetic testing on my embryo so it is supposed to be a genetically normal embryo.

I went to my RE last Friday and he said I am ready to start my FET cycle. I started my Delestrogen EV shots on Friday 2/6/15 and I am now taking dex pills, baby aspirin and prenatal pills. My FET is scheduled for 2/20, which is about 1.5 months after my miscarriage. I was quite surprised RE said I am ready to try again so soon. I thought I needed to wait at least one cycle after miscarriage to try again. Mentally I think I am ready to try again, but I wonder if I am physically. Has anyone done something similar to me?

I miscarried early Nov 2013 after a fresh cycle. Did a FET the next month. Embryo was put in 19th Dec 2013. That is now my 6 month old daughter. Go for it!

Hi there...

I did my first IVF in November and miscarried in December. I had a D&C done December 20th. My RE said I could go right into a FET cycle as soon as I had my period. My period arrived, I had the SHG done to make sure all was clear and got the go ahead to proceed. My FET is scheduled for Feb. 24th. So it will be about 8 weeks from D&C to transfer. My RE is confident that this is perfectly fine to do and that there is no evidence that shows waiting a certain amount of cycles has any benefit.

@ Jillie89: Thanks for sharing your experience. It is so great it worked out for you! I feel better knowing it CAN be possible. Congrats on your daughter. I see that you are doing another FET in March. Good luck in your journey.

@ Amy1976: i think we have similar schedule. Our FET is scheduled within 4 days apart! I am sorry for your loss too. Hopefully baby dust for both of us.

Thank you. I was hesitant to go straight to a FET after oir mc but something in my heart said do it. We got our BFP at Christmas. Best present ever!

I feel a bit crazy going back so soon after having our daughter but determined to have another bub sooner if we can. Have started my down reg drugs for our next FET. Nervous all over again!

All the best to you! Keep us posted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"