Am i safe to be a mam

Lauraaraa

Love My Baby Girl
Reaction score
Hello

i am new on here!! :blush:

well will give you an idea what is happening

my partner and myself are going to be trying for a baby......he says i WILL be pregnant by November

BUT i have suffered from an eating disorder in the past - which still comes back at times. was anorexia....then led to bulimia, which is what i struggle with, it is very weird as i am a normal healthy weight and look healthy!! but its the fact i do it.

my partner is scared that i a) i make myslef sick whilst pregnant which could possibly harm the baby, b) i become ill, c) baby is born poorly or worse

now the thing is i am NOT a selfish person if i was to become pregnant i swear i wouldnt do ANYTHING at all to harm the un born baby. i would never be able to forgive my self if anything happened because of me

then i think oh my gawd what if i am a rubbish mum. i have so much love to give and just feel so ready to be a mum. have felt ready for a very long time, my partner knows this aswell

he would start trying now i know he is worried and scared something bad will happen if i am not fully well

i have been to the docs who knows my situation and she said i could try for a baby now..........and i will get extra support from them whilst pregnant.

i am staring to get angry alot coz i want a baby. and i think bout it allllll the time.

it makes me cry sometimes thinking bout it, i feel as tho i am the only one who is feeling this way, i just feel silly you know!!!

i jus dont know how to prove to him it will be fine

what do you all think.....honestly?

L
x:crib:

I agree with welshlass. A lot of women have emotional problems, and providing you are seeing the dr regularly and are under control I don't see a problem.

Hey hun welcome to bnb
Going to the doctors would be my advise which you have done, and if he says its all fine then trust him.
Maybe you can think to yourself for the time before you get Pregnant what your food plan might be and try to stick to each. Also keep your mind on other things apart from TTC. might help.
See you around the forum x

Im sure you'll be fine hun. You've seen your doctor and like you said you will extra support during pregnancy.

My mum suffered/suffers from eating disorders has done since she was 16 and she's had 6 kids and we were all fine as babies. I think when you are pregnant if you start to struggle make sure you speak to someone about it and get any help you need.

Good luck. x

aww, I think that the fact that you are worried about being a good mum, means you are most likely going to be a good one! It's if you didn't care I'd be concerned!

I think that with the extra support from your doctor, you will be ok.

Good luck xx

hello everyone!
firstly can i just say how so lovly you all are!! really!! made me feel alot better

the doc i went to see knows my hisory and i went through it again with her as i am so worried the baby wouldnt be well and it would be my fault

but i am so deermined to be happy and to have a baby that is well. and make sure i am well to.

i think i am thinking bout trying for a baby alot!! which is why i get upset about it......i do need to chill out, maybe then everything would fall into place and i would feel better bout it all.

thankyou all for your replies, all made loads of sense and made me feel alot happier! ! !

xxxx

I think as you really know you are ready and as the dr says it is fine then go for it definately! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->