Am I suffering?

Discussion in 'Postnatal Support' started by Vicky0604, Mar 30, 2011.

1. Vicky0604

Vicky0604 Member

My LO is coming up 6 months, for around the last 4 weeks I've found myself feeling as if I am not a good enough mum, I get upset and frustrated very easily. I love my boy to bits and have bonded with him well, so can't see it being PND and also this has only been an issue recently. I don't know any other mums which doesn't help but also I have been offered nights out or lunches but dint want to see anyone. Do I need to see a dr or is this just a phase? X

2. krockwell

krockwell 3 Gorgeous Boys!

I was feeling like that when my son was around 8-9 months old. I shrugged it off because we were in the process of selling our home, buying a new one, then Christmas was around the corner etc etc.

I've just been to the dr last week, and have been put on anti-depressants because I feel like it's starting to get out of control.

I don't know any other moms in the new area I moved, and have a hard time getting out of the house, even to just grab groceries...

It might be worth talking to your Dr about, even if they suggest maybe a mom's group you could go to with your LO, or decide to put you on some sort of a medication.

I made the decision to go on an anti-d, because I feel like my son deserves to have a happy mom. :flower:

Hope you get some answers, and start to feel better soon. :hugs:

3. Vicky0604

Vicky0604 Member

Thank you so much, I want my son to have a happy mum too, I will call the dr in the morning x

4. krockwell

krockwell 3 Gorgeous Boys!

Best of luck! :) I know here there is a division of the hospital that takes the non-medicated route to helping moms who are in a funk.

They talk about councellors, psychologists, nurses who can help etc etc. It might be something to try if you'd rather not go on medication, OR if medication isn't needed in your case. :)

Best of luck!! :flower: