Am I the only one really hating looking in the mirror right now?

Nut_Shake

Reaction score
Ok, so before i get hounded, i am very very proud of my body for growing and nurturing 2 gorgeous babies, i wouldn't change it for ANYTHING in the world.

But i'm human and i feel so gross and hate looking at myself in the mirror right now. I used to go to the gym 3/4 times a week and got to a stage where i finally felt comfortable in my clothes, but now i'm not even back to square 1, i am way behind that. I've been sitting here torturing myself looking at old pics of myself on holiday and really miss my body :( None of my friends have had babies so dont really understand, although to be honest im not comfortable talking to anyone about it because everyone seems to think im very happy and confident but i really dont feel it, not anymore anyway. I just want to hide away!!

Does anyone else feel like this???? Please tell me its not just me being a vain asshole.

Belly month before falling pregnant
https://i51.tinypic.com/30rxr2b.jpg

Last bump pic at 37 weeks
https://i52.tinypic.com/25pn5oz.jpg

Now
https://i56.tinypic.com/34ngrrr.jpg

I'm going to make a pact with myself; I will be (near enough) back to my old body shape by April (as i have a lot of weddings to go to and we are looking to go on our first holiday with the babies then).
I really have to push myself because i'm so bloody down about it all right now :(

Hi, I know this won't penetrate because no matter what people say, your obviously feeling reallow low about your appearance but I wish I looked like you do now even before I was expecting!!! You look great and remember we analyse every inch of ourselves in bad lighting with no clothes. No one else sees us like that.

I am sure most of your friends wish they had a great figure xx

you still so soon after having a baby it will go down even though you look fab x

yes feel really down about my body at the min, i am a size 20 after 5 kids and right now i am sooo not happy..

For the love of chocolate!!! Lady you had twins. I had one baby and I still look like a marshmallow. You look amazing and by the looks of things it'll take next to no time to get back to original shape.

For the record I am jealous :)

You're all so sweet xx But i do still feel like poo, lol! Thought id see if anyone else was feeling like this so we could all moan together, was thinking i may be the only vain eejit on BnB!

you sound dedicated so it will work out for you :) Plus, you were in awesome shape before hand, which helps! also, remember you had two babies! :)

You look amazing. I know you won't believe it but its just because you look different to what you're used to.

I looked like you after I had my first son, now after the second one I'm not springing back into shape as quickly and I hate my 'jelly belly' (as my eldest son calls it!) x

nut_shake --you look amazing :shock: honestly im not even lying lol!!
i know what you mean though before i had alfie i just got to the point were i was starting to like myself..pre pregnancy i was size 8-10 now im a 14 i need to do some serious work.
youll get there hun, kitty-ventura set up a baby club weight loss group theres a fab bunch of ladies on there, we all support eachother through our ups and downs and just have a general natter sometimes. click my blinkie check it out.

<3

Your stomach in the first pic is my new inspiration to lose weight!!!
Intact, your stomach in the last pic is pretty bloody inspiring too!
Good luck with your goal.
And, to answer your question, I feel pretty minging too!!
xx

you really do look amazing.

i have a jelly belly , which flops around, and a zillion stretch marks. i have 20 more lbs to go for pre pregnancy weight, but it looks like i have a ton more.

Let me just say;

* You had a lovely body before you were pregnant.

* You carried twins

* Even with twins, you seem to have escaped the dreaded stretchmarks. My belly way totally covered by them, when I was 30 weeks, and they're still obvious now, and my LO is 9m old.

* You gave birth to your babies in December, and it's January now. Your babies are less than 2 months old, and you look incredible for having just had them! You have a lovely body now!

If you hate your body, mine would make you want to scream :blush: If you can't love your body (and you should because it's gorgeous), there's no hope for me :nope:

mine would make you scream also lol don't be a nutter you look fab x

Nut-shake I wish I had a body like yours!! After two sections mine isn't looking too good and I know that nor matter how hard I workout my stomach will never go back to its pre baby flatness. I suppose it's something I will just have to deal with. I have recently gone back to weight watchers and started doing Zumba again. Have lost half a stone and starting to feel better about myself...slowly :) It wont take you anytime at all to get back to ur pre pregnancy shape as you obviously looked after yourself during pregnancy. Dont be too hard yourself hun xx

You look fantastic!! And I really mean that.
My belly is all flabby and covered in stretch marks. :( I've never been a thin person, but I used to have a relatively flat tummy. Now it's disgusting. :cry:

I wish I looked like you. I put on 4 stone, I'm hugely fat and disgusting and I barely look at myself in the mirror these days. Before I was pregnant I took pride in my appearance now I dont bother, whats the point, nothing fits me and even when I do manage to squeeze into my clothes I look like a complete and utter state. Am I dieting though? Nope, I keep eating rubbish, likely because I feel so bad. Its a viscious circle.

You're not the only one to feel that way! I've gone up 2 dress sizes and am the biggest I've ever been. I have about 2 pairs of jeans I can get into and they're tight!

Really want to join weight watchers but have no money and with lack of sleep and problems with OH I reach for chocolate way too much!

But I'm determined that I need to do something before I go back to work at the beginning of April!

Goodness gracious, woman! You look fabulous for having twins! :dohh:

Bloody hell, with your belly now I would have never guessed you had twins! (BTW your pre-preg bod was amazing! Very jealous!)

Don't worry hun, your body will go back to how it was, with time, your twins aren't even 2 months old yet. It takes a minimum of 6 months for your whole body to recover from pregnancy so you're worrying about this far too early lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->