Am I the only one that's scared?

zanDark

<3 IVF mom <3
Reaction score
I keep seeing all these threads made by lovely women in early labor, and they all have one thing in common. They're all super excited :haha: I'm so jealous of their excitement!

I'm really scared of giving labor even though I completely trust my doctor and midwife and know they'll help me through it...and all I can think about is getting a panic attack or freaking out when labor starts :blush: I have health anxiety, and while I've been extremely relaxed and calm all throughout my pregnancy, I keep worrying about my body not being able to handle labor.

so am I the only one? Or is the excitement and "yay let's do this" an automatic response your body and mind goes into once labor starts? :flower:

Not at all - I'm beyond terrified, but because I've done it before and know what to expect I guess! Having said that, I've worked very hard on my anxiety about labour and done lots of therapy and natal hypnotherapy and your right... You must trust your body. Us women are made for this and we can do it! Keep your eye on the prize... It's one day in exchange for the most amazing gift there is... It's a bargain trade off!! Xx

I,was,extremely worried about my labor with dd in fact I probably obsessed about it years before I even thought,about having a baby it was my biggest fear.. I too have health anxiety and worried I would freak out but I actually had a strange calm come over me,and a sense of as long as baby was ok I really didn't care about me (and I didn't have a,great,labour) x

I'm extremely nervous, but I think I've hit the point where I just want it over with! Lol. I really don't handle pain well, and I have a feeling I'm going to be a nightmare to be around. Poor OH. But yes, I'm scared AND eagerly awaiting labor.

It might be that when you get to your due date you're so desperate for pregnancy to be over more with the excitement of meeting your baby and perhaps being uncomfortable and impatient that the urgency will overtake the fear. I know this is how I felt towards the end, I was too busy obsessing about "potential signs" than thinking about what that actually entailed, although I know we are all different, but being scared is totally normal, this is my second and I am still scared but I'm just trying to worry about the bits I can "control" like my birth plan etc (although obviously that is not technically controllable, but making preference decisions etc) and trying not to think about the scary stuff. It's gotta happen either way so I will *try* to channel the nerves to excitement :flower:

I go through phases of being petrified and then being totally OK about it. I just think that I don't have a choice really, and everyone is born some way or another...!

I'm terrified too!! Good luck, I hope it goes well for you :flower: x

I was scared BEFORE getting this stupid hemorrhoid... Now, I'm freaking petrified. I can't imagine having to go through labor with this horrible, painful thing. :( I am praying that it goes away before I go into labor, but I'm mentally trying to prepare myself to expect it to be there, and get worse.
:cry:
I want my baby here now, but at the same time I'm hoping she waits a while longer.

I was scared BEFORE getting this stupid hemorrhoid... Now, I'm freaking petrified. I can't imagine having to go through labor with this horrible, painful thing. :( I am praying that it goes away before I go into labor, but I'm mentally trying to prepare myself to expect it to be there, and get worse.
:cry:
I want my baby here now, but at the same time I'm hoping she waits a while longer.

awww :hugs::hugs: I'm sure once it's time for baby to come it will either be better or you won't care about it at all! :hugs::hugs:

I am scared of the actual pushing stage of labor. I have these thoughts of how something so big will fit out of THERE :haha: I know our bodies are made for it, but it still terrifies me. I know labor is going to hurt, but I am surprisingly calm about the idea of it. That may change in the near future when I get closer to the dd. I get terrible anxiety and I am not on my meds to control it, so it will be interesting to see how I handle it all.

I was scared of the pain but then I took a birthing class and am more comfortable.

I am more afraid of the post partum healing like will it hurt when i pee? etc

I'm nervous as I hope labor will go smoothly, but I'm also very excited. I think having a good mindset will help the experience be positive. Our bodies are made to do this and I trust it fully :)

Thanks ladies :hugs::kiss::hugs:

Sometimes I just get overwhelmed thinking how close my LO's arrival is :wacko: it seems like it was just a couple of weeks ago that I was giving myself my first IVF shot, and that was in January :haha:

I try to keep thinking that my body was designed to do this :thumbup: I was terrified of pregnancy because of my HA thinking how the hell is a whole person going to grow in there and how are my organs going to function all squished up? :haha: It's amazing what our bodies will do for our babies :cloud9: I'm keeping my fingers x'd that my body will handle labor just as well as it's handled pregnancy! :thumbup:

I remember when I used to think about a) a baby growing inside me and b) pushing a baby out - I used to feel physically ill. This was long before I was ever going to get pregnant.

Then when I got pregnant, I assumed I would be completely petrified of labour but for some reason I've not been scared either pregnancy. Maybe it's because I knew it was inevitable so there was no point stressing about it. Just completely opposite to how I thought I'd be ;)

So answering your question, no I'm not but I can totally understand why you are! :)

I have major health anxiety as well. I'm actually in therapy for it :-/ Haha.

I am terrified. For me though, I am trying to focus on God and praying for a smooth or at the very least successful labor for both baby and myself. My fear is dying in child birth (I have no idea why! I am a decently healthy person!) and leaving my DH and DD behind with a newborn.

Anyways, you're not alone! I would tell your Mw and doctor just so they know you're extra anxious. I remind my OB's almost every appointment Lol

I'm so terrified of labour that I nearly didn't have children. I'm now having my first at 36 and still terrified. Only the fact that there is no way out of it now is stopping me being in panic. I just keep thinking that if it were that bad women wouldn't do it more than once!

I was nervously scared at first. But I had some false labor the other night and I got TERRIFIED. I was so uncomfortable and I just kept thinking it was going to get worse and worse. Definitely scared now :-(

I was very much like this in my last pregnancy, I'd had an anxiety/phobia of giving birth so part of me didn't think I'd ever have a baby. Although come to the end of my pregnancy I was so over the anxiety I just wanted my daughter out because I was so fed up. Me and my oh actually high fived when my waters went, and had a cheeky small glass of wine to celebrate :blush:

I actually spent my labour laughing and smiling and didn't even take notice going from. 7-10cm because I was so off my face on gas and air lol and in all honesty I cant remember giving birth being as bad or as painful as I thought it would be :)

I know everyone labours differently and we all have different pain thresholds but I hope you get a very laid back labour like I did :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->