Am I the only one?? .:TMI:.

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by jbrocksmith, Dec 14, 2009.

1. jbrocksmith

jbrocksmith Well-Known Member

First off, I am actually only in my 2nd trimester. I posted this thread in the 2nd trimester but haven't gotten much of a reply yet. Was hoping that since you ladies are farther along that you may have experienced this or have any advice/feedback.
    Okay...I apologize if this grosses any of you ladies out but I am so confused and need to know if anyone has any explanations or had the same thing happen to them.
    I was looking in the mirror yesterday morning before jumping in the shower. I noticed that my left boob had a weird color on the nipple. I looked down to see a dark red/brownish watery discharge on the tip of the nipple(wasn't very much at all but enough to be noticed). I wiped it off with a kleenex. After that, some more leaked out instantly so I wiped it again. After the second time it didn't come back. Is this normal???? I'm so confused! My boobs aren't sore at all so i'm hoping it's normal during pregnancy?? Nothing has happened since then. Is it possible that it was just chapped?? It didn't get rubbed against anything or even get touched.
    I'm 22 weeks pregnant tomorrow...not sure if that makes any difference at all?

Any advice/feedback would be greatly appreciated!!
    Thanks ladies and sorry for posting in 3rd tri even tho i'm still only 2nd tri!

2. krockwell

krockwell 3 Gorgeous Boys!

I've had colostrum leaking since about 18 weeks... but it tends to be a milky/clear color, not really the redish brown color.

I would get it checked out by your MW or Dr, because it could signal an infection or something of the sort if it's colored differently. Maybe you just have a blocked milk duct or something :shrug:

Best of luck hun! :)

3. bexie1985

bexie1985 Well-Known Member

im the same like a clear and yellow colour but not red/brown, maybe ask ur midwife xx

4. bekkie

bekkie Mommy Due Sept 20

definitely check with your MW/OB - better safe than sorry! :hugs:

5. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member

colostrum can be clear, yellow or even orange...yes i had orange stuff coming out of my boobs...weird.

But if you are concerned speak to your MW.