Am I the only one who is 38 weeks+ and has a baby that is not even a little engaged?

Noodles

Mummy to two boys!
Reaction score
According to the midwife my strong stomach muscles are holding Flump is place and stopping him from engaging. Short of long walks and spending the day on my ball, I don't know what else I can do.

I keep reading posts from people who are 33-34 weeks and are 2/5 engaged and now I'm concerned that I'm am going to have to be induced in January. I'm in no rush for him to turn up, but I also don't want to be induced if I can help it.

I know that some babies don't engage until labour starts, but I'm worried as it seems to be my body stopping him from engaging that nothing will happen until he can move into place.

im 38 weeks this friday and my babys head isnt engaged yet! im going to see the midwife tomorrow so will have to see what she says, but the midwife told me to encourage the baby to lean foward, or sit on all fours and this will help encourage the baby to move further down! good luck! =)

I'm 2 days behind you and my LO is only just starting! 4/5ths as of today but my MW did recommend bouncing on the ball to get her moving further down? :confused:

Dance, girl, dance! :D

I tried the Sharika thing this morning and I got a very funny look from my postlady. She even left a parcel in the porch and didn't even bother to knock.

**note to self** buy some blinds

My due date is this Sunday 20th Dec and my bubs is still 'floating free' and not engaged. Midwife wasn't at all concerned by this (unlike me). She has offered me a sweep on Monday 21st Dec when I will be 40w+1 but I read that if your baby hasn't engaged they won't be able to give you a sweep ?? And there is also a risk of a prolapsed cord if your waters break without your baby being engaged first? i should probably stay away from the internet!

Methinks I'll be having a 2010 baby instead of 2009 :(

I'm desparate to avoid an induction, have been doing all I can to get things moving but I do believe that the baby will come when he/she is ready and all the bouncing, tea, sex, curry etc won't do much unless you are nearly there anyway!

My bump is also small (so EVERYBODY keeps saying) which adds to the annoyance even more!

I tried the Sharika thing this morning and I got a very funny look from my postlady. She even left a parcel in the porch and didn't even bother to knock.

You realise you can get away with anything at our stage? :winkwink:

Keep Shakira-ing...I wanna hear about how much this has worked at your next app :D

Keep Shakira-ing...I wanna hear about how much this has worked at your next app :D

I think you just want me to be committed to the nuthouse. I think I'm more than halfway there already! At this stage 'hippo wiggle' or not I'll give anything a go!

I think you just want me to be committed to the nuthouse. I think I'm more than halfway there already! At this stage 'hippo wiggle' or not I'll give anything a go!

Hey, it's no more mental than shovelling 8 pineapples down to induce labour :laugh2: Should be more fun anyway!

I was 2/5 at my last app, but knowing my luck she's probably turned the wrong way or something by now :p

i had my 38 week appointment today and mw says my lo is at the brim, just like she was 3 weeks ago :( so all the walking etc i have been doing isnt doing anything according to her.

but my bump has dropped massively and it feels like i have a football between my legs when i walk, but apparently she's on the brim :(

I was told he was engaged at 32 weeks, only to get a head up in my ribs a couple of nights ago! i think hes gone breach now, lil bugger!

My girl is still fully free. I've been walking for a few weeks now and bouncing on the ball with no success. My midwife is also not concerned about it--she just keeps telling me that baby may not engage until labour. Still waiting on bump to drop as well. I'm still carrying really high which is no fun for the heartburn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->