Am I the only one who worries after HIV blood test?

Kmx

Reaction score
I had my booking in appointment today and had the routine blood tests. They test for HIV - I was last tested 5 years ago in my previous pregnancy and I was negative. Since then I have not been involved in any risky activities - no tattoos, no drug taking, no new sexual partners. So I have no idea why I am so worried?

It is really causing me anxiety however and I was advised that they would call me if there was any issues, if not then I wouldn't be contacted. Now I'm left wondering how long until I'm in the "all clear". A week?

Does anyone else worry about this?

It's so irrational and I wish I could shake myself but I'm so scared and worried!

I'm the same! Not currently pregnant but I was convinced I had HIV for some reason. I only have one tattoo which I got in a reputable shop aged 18, I can count my sexual partners on one hand and have been with my OH for five years (who can also count his sexual partners on one hand) - we both had full sexual health checks when we started having unprotected sex and they came back clear so I don't know why I was so worried!

I do have health anxiety though so that is probably why! Are you normally quite an anxious person?

Hugs hormones are crazy first time they did it to me 16 yrs ago I was scared but now I just don't think about it cx

Sorry my last reply submitted before I was done! I am new to this and cannot figure out how to edit my previous post. Grrrr!!

Anyway, I had the same fear last week when I went in. I always have anxiety and anything medical makes it even worse!! I was told the same thing about not getting a call if everything is fine. I signed up for something online though where I can view my health records without going through my doctor and I have been able to access that and see the results are back. Everything appears to be coming back okay so that has been reassuring. I am sure everything will be the same for you so try not to worry too much. I was feeling a little crazy so I am glad I am not the only one with these kinds of fears. Haha. Maybe call your doctor and ask if there is a way you can access your own records? Or just call them in a week for some reassurance?

Yeah I might just do that - give them a call next week to ask if the results are in. This will give me some reassurance at least.

Glad to know I'm not the only one!!

Yeah I might just do that - give them a call next week to ask if the results are in. This will give me some reassurance at least.

Glad to know I'm not the only one!!

Did you ever get your results back? I'm in the same boat and I had mine took Monday but haven't recieved a call. The doctor did say takes a couple of days and no news is good news. But I'm a worry freak. Lol

Hmmm. I don't think they tested me for that in my last pregnancies...is it supposed to be routine??

It is in the UK not sure about elsewhere.

I didn't call for results. My mind has been occupied elsewhere and now a week has passed and I feel out of the time where I would expect a call if something is wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->