Am I the only one with "low blood pressure" issues? LOL

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by Kittee, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Kittee

Kittee Pregnant with #2!

:wacko:

My blood pressure has slowly been declining this pregnancy and is even going lower than it did my prior pregnancy. Its down to a whopping 102/60 this morning.

Anyone else have this issue? I know for most women it's the opposite.

The doctor thinks it's great but I think it's causing me to be more fatigued.

2. ProudMommy26

ProudMommy26 Happy Mommy of 3

Yep I'm having the same problem too. Although it has always been really low, but it keeps getting worse. All I keep getting is "You must faint a lot" lol.
    It is a good sign for me though as I had preeclampsia with my first baby.

3. lilbugs

lilbugs Well-Known Member

Yup I have this, my bp usually hovers about 100/60

Normally not a problem but dizzy in the mornings sometimes

4. moomin_troll

moomin_troll mummy to zane and corey

i have low blood pressure 102/60 is good for me lol
    it causes me to faint/almost faint which is horrible and im constantly tired and get bad headaches all down to a low bp. but then again i suppose it is better then high

5. Essex1stbaby

Essex1stbaby Well-Known Member

Mine has always been like this too.... I usually get dizzy if I get up too fast but apart from that it never seems to be aproblem at the midwives. xx

6. Apen2009

Apen2009 Well-Known Member

I have this issue too! Ususally 110/60. . give or take. . and you're right. . it really causes fatigue issues. . I've had this problem even before becoming preggo. . .
    Is there anything that can be done about this? Salt?? hahaha. .

7. Dancerforlife

Dancerforlife Well-Known Member

You're not alone! Mine has been around 90/60 over the last few appointments. The doctors are always so happy when they get the reading, I'd be happy too if I wasn't so dizzy! They told me aside from the dizziness and fatigue unpleasantness it's nothing to worry about.

8. Lawhra

Lawhra NowProudMumOfTwo!!

I have this too and suffer with fatigue. My BP seems to go up and down:
    95/50
    107/64
    90/60
    101/62
    91/60
    96/55
    and last appointment was 100/60 so back 'up' again :haha:
    I have been asked if I get dizzy but there has not been any major concern. It has even been described as "beautifully low" Haha. I'd much rather low than high :D

I'm curious to see what it is at next appointment, always am.

9. Braven05

Braven05 Mommy to Avery <3

Mine is going up and down...it was high one day and 97/77 a coupel days later...my doctor was freaking out over the high number but I've been monitoring it and its pretty much not predictable

10. soon to be 3

soon to be 3 Well-Known Member

i have this to mine is 97/57 at one point the doctors and MW fault i was not drinking enough and bought me 3 jugs of water when i drunk them they done it again it was still 97/57 i told them it would be lol so in the end they tipped my bed so my legs was higher then my head to get the blood flowing lol i looked like a right nut lol then they guessed it was just the way i am and left it at that xxx

11. SugarFairy

SugarFairy Well-Known Member

Mine isn't particularly low - its actually right about perfect at 120/60. But I started my pregnancy at 140/80 and its gradually gotten lower. I have to say I'm quite pleased as at least I don't have to be consultant led which was a possibility at the start. I'm always eager to see what it'll be next time lol

12. Vixie

Vixie Well-Known Member

mines low and i often get dizzy spells, just got to lay down for a while, i was in the back seat of the car in asda car park on sunday trying to get blood flow going to my head, i was gripping onto the trolley for dear life hoping id make it out of the store without fainting! :) x

13. Lynsay

Lynsay Mummy to Jessica

Low blood pressure is just as bad as high blood pressure in general terms. I guess I've been lucky that my blood pressure has been around 120/70 most of the way through which is considered "perfect". It's starting to creep up now. My last checkup it was 179/78 which I was told is still ok as the bottom number is below 90 and above 70.

14. ChristinaRN

ChristinaRN Mother of 3, pg with #4

I have been 90's/60's but got as low as 70/40 and passed out. It's been better lately, but the size of my baby has been causing my blood pressure to drop.

15. MoonMelody

MoonMelody Well-Known Member

I'm the same! I fluctuate between 98/58 and 100/60. It's a bit scary, and I do get tired easily and dizzy, but my midwife hasn't ever seemed concerned.

16. aileymouse

aileymouse Mummy to Amber & Georgia

mine has always been on the low side. it was 102/68 at booking. The highest it's been was 120/70. I do have dizzy spells. Midwife doesn't seem overly concerned though.