Am I the only one...

Reaction score
who feels like this? Every time I think about my little man growing up I freak out and want to burst into tears. I'm so afraid I won't remember him this little and he won't need me like he does now. I'm crying now just writing this. I already forget what he was like when he was first born, just picture him smaller and with less hair, but not certain details. I love him so much, but the thought of him growing up absolutely destroys me. Is this feeling normal? I'm dealing with depression so I don't know if that has something to do with it. Am I just being crazy?

I look forward to her growing up; I'm excited to see what she looks like as she gets older. I'm curious as to what her hobbies will be; her talents, etc.

But.....she is so cute and perfect now, I don't want her to change! I just take a ton of pictures and videos, and save little things (like her first pair of sneakers).

:hugs:

I am excited to see how he turns out, but I feel like I already have a lot of regrets of things I should've done, and feel like they will continue. We have lots of pictures and videos, which is nice. I guess I hate the thought that he won't always need me or want to cuddle with me and that kills me.

Hi
I can completely relate to how your feeling. In fact i have been thinking of posting something similar for a while.
I think its completely normal, but im no expert. I dont suffer from depression, i am a very emotional person but to my surprise i didnt cry as much as i thought i would when little one was born. BUT i do cry everytime i look at him and think of him getting bigger. He is 5 weeks old and ive already sorted a load of his clothes to sell as they are too small and it kills me. I wish i could just pause time and keep him the way he is. I know what you mean as i also get upset when i think he wont always need me, especially when im sat breastfeeding him, i never want it to end.
This time goes so quick, so enjoy every minute. Lets not think of the future too much, theres nothing we can do about it. Our babies are going to grow, lets enjoy it.
Ive waffled on, i just want you to know your not alone.
X

Thank you. This is just what I needed to remind me how precious our time is with them even those challenging times. I have just posted about my lo thinking 4 am is a great playtime and me getting really cross with her. Your post has put it in perspective for me. I do get sad that she's growing up so quickly and have a cry from time to time but, those early months were really, really tough.

I cried when LO went from a newborn size diaper to the S size.:cry: I also cried when she grew out of her newborn clothes and went to 0-3 size.:cry: I also cried the first time she got a shot.:cry: She will be starting solids in 3 weeks and I expect I will cry then.:cry: I have no trouble with depression but it makes me sad to think about how fast the time is going. I am also so excited about the future. I have loved every day with my sweetheart.
Since she was born I have kept a journal for her. I write in it every week about what we did or her new discoveries. I also keep her baby book up to date. This hopefully will help me in the future remember how she was. I also take lots of pictures/video. I print the pictures regularly, date them, and write something about the pics in an album.

I feel the same, my baby is nearly 5 months and I feel like its gone so fast. I have 8 yr old twins that still want kisses and cuddles but I know sooner rather than later this will change and I feel like crying.
I know all the milestones I have to look forward with Lo but I just want to keep him small so I can enjoy him for longer :-( x

I look forward to her growing up; I'm excited to see what she looks like as she gets older. I'm curious as to what her hobbies will be; her talents, etc.

But.....she is so cute and perfect now, I don't want her to change! I just take a ton of pictures and videos, and save little things (like her first pair of sneakers).

:hugs:

I totally agree!
Our LOs will bring us so much joy, excitement and proud moments as they grow up. Have that camera on standby and capture as many moments as you can, Hun. I'm certainly guilty of taking waaaayyy too many pictures/videos...:blush: It will be so neat looking at them in a few years time.

I posted a similar thread a couple weeks ago... I totally get how you feel :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->