Am I the only one???......

CatStorey

Mum to Chloe and Tom :)
Reaction score
That doesn't bath lo as part of there bedtime routine?

I always give Chloe her baths in the morning. Now I'm thinking I should give her them before bed but I'm not sure how that would work as I live with my parents and there is always someone either in the bathroom or we have dinner at.random times ect.
At the mo for her last feed which is normally about 9pm we go down to my bedroom, get into her sleeping bag, get into bed with the lights really low and she has her bottle. I don't feed her to sleep as she is always awake after, then wecuddle for a bit and she goes into her Moses basket by my bed. She will then sleep for between 4-5 hours before she wakes again.
Does this sound ok? I just hear everyone talking about bath, bottle, bed I am worried I'm doing it wrong.
I guess when me and oh move out in feb I can start bathtime but maybe it will be too late?

I dont do it as part of a routine. Alfie tends to have his bath at about 5 oclock and then doesnt go to sleep until 10 for the night. x

Hey, there is no right or wrong, I dont include Olivias bath as part of her bedtime routine as I find this too much hassle at the moment. I bath her during the day when its easy for me and I have plently of time. What you do sounds perfectly fine to me. If it works for you then its not a problem.

I don't bathe every night yet, as LO is still small and has dry skin. I actually have no routine at all - usually in bed by 12 or 1am LOL.... Should a routine be established already? We were thinking of starting one once LO has regular periods of wake/sleep - he is always sleeping somewhere different - basket, our bed, couch, sling, arms, etc... Maybe I am setting myself up for disaster though - everyone else seems so organized!
xx

I bath Bobby in the mornings! I found he really wasnt enjoying bathing at night time as he was to tired. It was a real nightmare as he would cry from the second he got in the bath right until he was fully dressed. So started bathing in the mornings when he is most awake and he now loves it. Never looked back since! Its less stressful for us and has made our evenings much more relaxed.

Really dont think it matters when they are bathed as long as it suits your routine! xx

We don't bath LO as part of her bedtime routine. We have quiet time from around 7 or 8pm, with lots of cuddles and cluster feeding, low lights, candles and aromatherapy. Around 9.30 we go upstairs and put her sleeping bag on. She has her last feed with her dreamshow on then goes into her cot. She then sleeps for around 10 hours now :)

We are moving her bedtime forward by 5 mins each night - it's worked well so far. I'm hoping to be able to have her asleep by 9 most nights. :)

For the first 3/4 months we did bath in the mornings too. LO hated them at the time and i found it less stressful to do when my OH was around.

LO loves the water now and its done at night now as its more convinient.

You do it when you want to, theres no right or wrong :)

I dont bath as part of a routine and didnt do with my last 2 babies either and they were all sleeping through the night from about 6-8 weeks. I dont always have time at night and hate being tied to certain times to do things. I bath my daughter when i have time during the day and when i feel she is most awake so she enjoys it. My older kids get showered at night as they come in dirty from playing outside and need to be done at night. Its not essential to bath as part of a routine. Our night routine is get clean nappy on and pyjamas, put baby's gro-bag on and feed her. Then put her into moses basket to fall asleep on her own and it works great for us. Do whatever is best for yourself and baby.

I didnt bath my daughter as part of her routine as she hated it and got her more stressed!I just had a routine at night minus the bath.Finnlay loves a bath and it does chill him out before bed so I have included it in our routine now.Every baby and mummy is differant so just do what you feel is best for you.xx

We do it at night. The reason it is such a good thing to do for the bedtime routine is, it's the pretty much only thing you do with your baby that is very different from the rest of the day so it is a good signal that it is a change.

I don't know whether this is why Abby sleeps through the night but she did so at about the same time as we started bathing her every night. It also makes her nice and sleepy.

just do what works for you hun :)

my lo has always been bathed 2-3 times a week, not every day but that said i do usually do it before bedtime, but thats just me. i found it usually made him sleep a lil deeper ( more reaxed i guess), but wasnt part of our routine as such.
if bathing in the morning works for you then stic with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->