Am I the only one?

AirForceWife7

Mama to Brenna.
Reaction score
Does anyone else on here worry about SIDS as much as I do? It's seriously my WORST fear! :cry: I've read so many stories from the losses section of this forum & could never imagine how hard & horrifying it must be to lose the most precious thing in life to onesself. I just have so many fears that one day it may happen; there's always that risk present, & that worries me. Am I the only one?

xx

Kelsey. :hugs:
I personally try my hardest not to think about it and tend to stay out of those sections. I guess it is in the back of my mind, I just don't want to stress about it, kwim? Yeah, sometimes I'll randomly get up and place my hand on her chest but I just try to think positively. Try not to stress yourself out, it'll be okay!

i think that all mommies have that fear. OH doesnt like to hear me even mention the word SIDS.

:hugs: I think everyone worries about it hun, it definatly gets less stressful as they get older, but I think I'll always worry about it x

I use to worry like mad when Aliyah was newborn.
I have started to worry less now that she is getting older even though i check her every night maybe 2-3 times

Thanks ladies, I feel a little better knowing I'm not the only one that worries ... & I will try to worry less :) It'll always be in the back of my mind, but there's no sense in worrying about something that's never happened. (and hopefully never WILL happen!) :flower:

No, you are definitely NOT the only one who worries about this. This is a constant fear and it terrifies me so much to think that there is a possibility this could happen. I really don't know what OH and I would do if that were to happen, I don't even want to think about it.

We currently co-sleep with him, which makes us feel a lot better. He doesn't like sleeping in the bassinet, he is so spoiled already that he HAS to be near us 24/7. Which I don't mind AT ALL! I was worried at first about co-sleeping, but he sleeps on a pillow in between us and we both have changed how we sleep. Guess it's just our instincts kicking in.

Noo, you're definitely not the only one! I think all new moms worry about this. I still worry about SIDS because the risk is supposedly up to the age of 1. But in the early days when I would co-sleep, I went to bed every single night thinking about SIDS. It's awful, but eventually the worrying will go away or at least stop happening so often.

I am awful about worrying about SIDS, to a point where I'm mentioning to my midwife on Wednesday to see if there's anything that can be done about it.

I think about it constantly. Anytime Finn does something I think "Is this the last time I'll see him cry/laugh/smile/give kisses/etc?". I never let him sleep out of my sight. I think about what I'd write on here if it happened, what I'd tell friends and family, imagine how I'd react. I refuse to let myself think about Finn's life more than a couple months ahead so I don't "get my hopes up". I tear up pretty often about it. I check on him when we're in the car constantly, horrified I'm going to reach back and not feel him breathing. It's awful and pretty all consuming. I'm somehow managing to act pretty "normal" otherwise but SIDS and losing Finn is constantly on my mind.

My grandmother lost her youngest daughter to SIDS, which is partly why I worry about it so much. I try to avoid the lost section on here but in another thread I was reading one day a women mentioned she lost her child to SIDS at an age I've always considered past the SIDS risk and my anxiety about it got so much worse.

In short? You're absolutely not alone.

^ Goodness and I thought I worried about it! I would talk to the midwife about it, maybe it would be slightly more reassuring.

I do check Nathaniel a couple of times while he is sleeping however I try to place it at the back of my mind as I am terrible worrier if the idea gets caught. I also don't venture to the losses section of the forum, it would make me A LOT worse

I also don't venture to the losses section of the forum, it would make me A LOT worse

Yeah, I really need to stop doing that! It's a bad habit, I just can't help it sometimes. Glad to know I'm not the only one who is an excessive worry wart:thumbup:Guess that's just all part of being a mommy!

^ Goodness and I thought I worried about it! I would talk to the midwife about it, maybe it would be slightly more reassuring.

Yes, it's gotten kind of ridiculous! I'm wondering if it's turning into a form of PPD or something.

Oddly though, I rarely wake up in the night to check on him. :shrug: Only one or two nights a week.

I used to end up putting myself in tears daily about it..but it went away when I realized Syri is a strong little girl. i rarely think about it anymore. I think it kind of eases as they get older.

Hun your not alone. I co-sleep with gracelyn and i still manage to wake up 3/4 times a night! to check on her and make sure she is breathing. I am constantly worrying about her. When im at school and she is with my parents im always worrying if im gonna get called down to the office and they tell me something. now its even more now after she stopped breathing and her heart rate drops in her sleep. Its very scary but your not alone we are here :hugs:

Awe thanks Leah! :hugs: What happened with Gracelynn sounds very scary! I hope she grows out of it :flower:

Awe thanks Leah! :hugs: What happened with Gracelynn sounds very scary! I hope she grows out of it :flower:

No problem. Yeah it was the scariest thing ever. Besides when I went to the hospital and had my c-section and she didnt cry. They think it was just casue she was all mucusy. Thats what im hoping

No problem. Yeah it was the scariest thing ever. Besides when I went to the hospital and had my c-section and she didnt cry. They think it was just casue she was all mucusy. Thats what im hoping
Awe I hope so too! Lately it seems that so many babies on here are falling ill :nope: Cinci's (Csweets) daughter had a seizure yesterday after being sick for a few weeks, & Shannon's (x_amour) daughter Tori is sick :nope: Hoping everyone's kiddos feel better! :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->