Am I too paranoid?

RobenR

Mum to miracle girl & boy
Reaction score
Every time I go to the washroom I'm inspecting and checking to see if I have any kind of spotting. Every cramp and twinge makes me worried that it's the beginning of the end and the lack of any pg symptoms other than nausea has me wondering if the worst has happened. And I keep having this odd gushing feeling (TMI) in my underpants. It's nothing more than discharge but I have no idea if it's normal or if I should be more concerned.

I've had two blood tests and last Tues, at 5w3d it was 21 091hCg which I think is good, but we don't have an ultrasound until the 28th. I keep thinking we'll finally get there and see nothing. I don't want to lose another one.

Am I being too paranoid or are there others out there who have some kind of hang up that is making them worried during the First Tri?

Um, you are a bit - but absolutely understandable after a loss.

:hug:

You can't influence anything other than your experience.

Take care of yourselves, surround yourself with lovely things/people/places/thoughts :)

xxx

Its normal after a loss huni. I no exactly how you feel. Every pain I get im asking someone for reasurrance xx

dont worry--- your not alone! i have been doing the EXACT same thing...we had a mc in september... i had some brown spotting when i hit 5 weeks... went in for a scan the following week and saw the heartbeat!! went in again the following week and saw the heartbeat even stronger!!!

try not to stress too much. just because we have lost one, doesn't mean we are at any higher of risk to lose another.

I am very much the same. When I first found out I was pregnant and got the usual cramps I was checking there was no blood. Four days after finding out I started with Brown discharge for a week. I had an early scan and they saw the sac and yolk but I was only 5 weeks so I am going back tomorrow for another scan to hopefully see the Heartbeat. Even though I started with morning sickness last week after the scan I am convinced that something will go wrong between now and the birth. Being on here helps find out other peoples experiences but you can read too much, certainly about still births and cots deaths. So I now not only have to get through the first trimester without miscarrying, I now am worried that I will have a still birth or lose the baby to sudden infant death. Its the most nervous and worrying time I have ever had. I am normally a very positive person but I don't know how I am going to get through the next 8 months whilst remaining sane!!!!!!

Yep, same here. I am a nervous wreck! I have not slept a good night's sleep since finding out. I had no idea how anxiety provoking the whole thing would be. I agree that you can read too much and this has been the source of my worries. I think I would feel better if I didn't know how many things can go wrong, but once you know something you can't 'un-know' it!

Finers crossed we will all be ok.

Cat
x

i was totally the same in my first few weeks, everytime i went to the loo i was expecting it to be over, almost like it's too good to be true.

you will settle, and get used to it, i still occasionally worry due to finding out i was hypothyroid and i'm taking new meds, but i see baby twice now and i'm positive everything will continue without a hitch.

good luck chick, you will start to relax as you accept that baby is there to stay :happydance: :friends:

after an early m/c last time im exactly the same, but im trying to be more relaxed and realise i cant change things xx

Its such a stressful time! I dont think I have ever worried so much, Its awful. Like today, I had my scan and they said it was fine but I am convinced that between now and my next one its going to go wrong! Argh! xxx

I've been the same although my loss wasn't as far along as yours - i switch between feeling relaxed and okay, to feeling convinced that the baby will have died or something since seeing the heartbeat a week ago. i think it's normal to worry ... However, I have been told by my midwife and others so many times that over-worrying can put you at risk (not sure how true that is) because of the increased stress, that I think I really have to let it go. I know I will continue to worry throughout, but I have had to make a decision that I can't spend the next 7 months (or the rest of my life?!) constantly thinking about what 'might' go wrong and 'preparing myself for the worst'.
As others have said I don't think a previous loss makes us at any more risk than anyone else ... please try not to give yourself a hard time about any of it though, if you worry you worry, don't worry about worrying (if that makes sense!) You and baby will be fine :hugs:

This is the first time I've been pregnant but I'm still doing a similar thing and checking for spotting nearly every time I go to the loo.

I guess it's still sinking in that it's actually happening (for me) and, for those of you that have had a loss (I imagine) you're scared of it happening again.

I wish you all well x

aw hun your completely normal to worry, i had a loss after my 2nd and it very hard not to over analyse every twinge.
there's worries all along in pregnancy but lots of lovely things to look forward to too.
1st heartbeat, 1st kick, watching your tummy grow, buying lots of cute things, and sharing all these good times with people you love.
these are the things you ned to focus on.
lots of positive vibes your way hun
xx

I feel the same way, worried , but I did have someone tell me you will spend your entire life worrying about your little one, might as well start now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->