AM or PM sex?

BeachyFeelin

Reaction score
Like the title says....I just remember reading somewhere that AM sperm are more viable :spermy:

I don't remember details...has anyone else heard of this?

I've never heard that before. Seeing as my husband leaves for work at 4am, We do it in the PM. I'm less frisky at 3am what can I say :sleep:

Ha I know. I get up at 6am before my OH and he's not a morning person....it won't work unless it's the weekend..

Yes supposedly there are better swimmers in the AM, but I'd imagine pm is good enough!

Just out of curiosity is it the hour or the sleep that does it? Are they still best in the AM if the person works graveyards.

Just out of curiosity is it the hour or the sleep that does it? Are they still best in the AM if the person works graveyards.

That's a good question....maybe it has something to do with sleep...

I'm asking more because my OH is 38 so I'm curious if his older spermy are better in the AM..

Or is the whole age thing really a female only thing....

I feel dumb about my body today :/

Men do have some decrease in fertility the older they get, but its not nearly as dramatic as women (a women's ability to get pregnancy each cycle at 29 is about 20% and by age 40 its down to 5%.). Starting at 30 a males testosterone levels drop about one percent per year, which affects sperm count and mobility, but its such a small and gradual change that men usually don't see a significant change in there fertility until they are around 60! So really, as long as he already has a healthy count, at 38 you dont have to worry.

Men do have some decrease in fertility the older they get, but its not nearly as dramatic as women (a women's ability to get pregnancy each cycle at 29 is about 20% and by age 40 its down to 5%.). Starting at 30 a males testosterone levels drop about one percent per year, which affects sperm count and mobility, but its such a small and gradual change that men usually don't see a significant change in there fertility until they are around 60! So really, as long as he already has a healthy count, at 38 you dont have to worry.

Good to know!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->