Amanda has spit it all out

leeanne

Mom of 3 and Stepmom of 2
Reaction score
She seems a very happy child for the most part. But yesterday while crying about something, she also confided in me something that has been bothering her. It came as I was talking to Amanda about how the stepkids leave Jayden out and how would she feel if it was done to her?

Well, it introduced a subject that I thought was ok at school, however, looks like it isn't. She says she feels left out. For the past two years, she's been trying so hard to be a friend to this girl in her class. They have playdates but when it comes to school, this friend will pick someone else to play with, even after promising Amanda that she will play with her at school.

I've tried different playdates over the years to widen Amanda's friend base, but even these girls have their own friends to hang out with while in school.

There's a new girl that she's been gradually getting to be friends with and she hasn't been in school for the past days, so Amanda is finding herself left out at school.

I'd love to see Amanda have one close buddy again. She did in kindergarten and it was the sweetest thing to see. But when we moved schools beginning of grade 1 for her, she hasn't found that close friend yet. :(

Kids can be crule, she'll soon figgure out who is worth being friends with.

You know, something just dawned on me due to another thread I posted in General Chatter.

Where are the group games anymore? Skipping, dodgeball, hopscotch, etc.? These are the things that are missing now and the reason why kids don't play together as they used to when I was in grade school.

These are kid games and now kids are left to their own devices at recess and lunch breaks with no one teaching them how to play in groups outside of the classroom.

No wonder kids are going through a tough time in early years, even kindergarten.

Aww bless her

Maybe talk to her teacher about how she is feeeling?

Bless her cotton socks, children can be very cruel sometimes
xx

Aww bless her

Maybe talk to her teacher about how she is feeeling?

Bless her cotton socks, children can be very cruel sometimes
xx

Hi hun, my daughter Laura is 8 and we have had similar problems, Laura has been friends with her what was best friend Mia for 7 and a half years !

THey went to nursery, are at primary and even up until a month ago went to the same childcarer as each other. Was a little to much at times but it worked.

However a couple of months ago they had a tiff which resulted in both of them getting upset about going to school, minders etc so myself and Mias mum sat down and talked and managed to get the girls to understand its ok to have other friends.

So, Laura started doing this and so did Mia but all and sundry got involved and it ended up in arguments and the kids getting more and more upset so again we got the school involved and they sat Laura and Mia down and they sorted it again.

Then this one girl Ciara got involved and whilst Laura and Mia werent talking Ciara had Mia all to herself (with me so far??)

No Ciara is a slightly chubby little girl with no confidence in herself, she is one of 9 children and I think there are some issues with her at home and her own confidence. So you can imagine her delight when Laura and Mia fell out she had Mia all to herself.

When Laura and Mia made friends again Ciara hated it and has made Laura's life hell ever since, she is sly and conniving, she is constantly commenting on Laura and her actions, trying constantly to get her into trouble, always running to the teachers so we ended up back at the school and the teachers told the girls to be mature and sort it between them but this girl has carried on so sneakily I can see it really irritating Laura where she is gonna snap. Laura is so meek and mild takes alot to irratate her but boy this child is getting there.

I too am at a loss what do we do. All Ciara does it play this "helpless unloved child" card every time Laura says something - to the point Laura is scared of telling the teacher.

We live a fairway from the school so Laura doesnt have friends to play outside with as we used to do but at school like your Amanda she doesnt have that one close friend anymore because of this nasty little girl so I compeltely empathise and understand how you feel.

Sorry for such a long me post but boy do I feel better for sharing that.

Pity you live so far away lol otherwise I would send Laura round xxxxxxx

^Totally understood all of that :)

It's a shame. The girls always seem to be in threes in her class and always fighting over one or the other.

Tough seeing them go through this, isn't it? :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->