• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Amanda!!!

Cat

Reaction score
I had the HV come over the otherday and she watched Dylan feed and said his problem is reflux. Last night we started him on Cow & Gate comfort to try to help, and I know you said that you gave this to Charlie and it worked with his. How long did it take to have an effect, was it straight away or was it after a couple of days? And it what way did it improve?

Basically Dylan is normally sick a bit with every feed, sometimes he trows the whole lot up, and even if he was fed an hour ago he seems to constantly dribble up some milk. He is very windy, and suffers a lot of discomfort after a feed and squirms and sometimes crys a lot, pumping his legs up and down and arching his back, is this what Charlie was like?

Also I have noticed that with the comfort, he seems to take a lot longer to drink it, did you find this?

Hi Cat,

Rebecca had reflux badly until she was 14months-she waso n SMA staydown and infant gaviscon. Hope the Cow and Gate works for him x

KX did you find that the staydown made much of a difference? Did you also have problems with rebecca feeding properly? Dylan often cant have much in one go, in particular with the comfort stuff, it seems really thick and he is often just having small feeds every 1/2 hour or so.

The staydown is so thick when u make it-it worked for a few months -makes the sick really thick and she did retain milk more. However it came back with vengence and she was put on infant gaviscon in every bottle for just under a year.

Its a terrible thing to have hun, I do sympathise, its stressful. U worry about them choking etc, but its ok when under control.

xx

Hi Cat

Charlie took a couple of days to calm down once he started on the Comfort, but he has completely changed with it. It was a God-send! The symptoms you have described for Dylan are exactly the same as Charlie - especially the dribbling milk. It was constant. Even now, when he burps or hic-cups, I instinctively run with a muslim!:dohh:

It does take a lot longer to feed as it is thicker, but I switched to fast-flow teats straight away and it did the trick. I know they say not to use them until LO is about 6 months, but Charlie was on them from about 6 weeks and still is. He's now on Comfort stage 2, and still fine and not vomiting of screaming with wind any more.

Persevere with it for at least a week, if there's still no improvement, get back to the hv hun.:hugs:

Excellent, I will persever it does in saying that seemto already be having a bit of a difference, today he hasnt been dribbling up milk really at all, seems a lot more peacefull not writhing round loads ofter a feed, and also he hasnt had any burps after a feed. I think I will have to change the teets as well, as I think thats why he isnt drinking much at a time, cause its taking longer for him to drink he gets tired and falls asleep mid feed. Before you used to see air bubbles come up and here him glugging, now you can hardly hear him swallowing anything.

It sounds like it's working already! :happydance:

The hv explained to me why it's so good for babies. C & G have made it so it is already partially digested, so the LO's stomachs don't have to do so much work, and that cuts down on acid and wind.

omg.. cat i remember you having Noah (it's hayley from an old forum) you mightn't remember me! I was trying when you was having Noah. I've just noticed you have another little man - congratulations on Dylan.

x

Dior had reflux bad i tryed gaviscon and stay down milks but they mad her more uncomfy- her weight was not affected by her reflux and once she was sick she was fine so i rather it came up as the stay down milk made her more uncomfy.

was a nightmare though she was such hardworkwould only sleep on my sholder or in her door bounder could never lay her flat

omg.. cat i remember you having Noah (it's hayley from an old forum) you mightn't remember me! I was trying when you was having Noah. I've just noticed you have another little man - congratulations on Dylan.

x

Hello Hyaley, yes I remember you! hows it going?

Dylan is a lot better, we have stoped using infacol and although ehe tends to sick up a little of his feeds he seems to be in a lot less discomfort after a feed and a bit more chearfull. He started giving us his first proper little gummy grins yesterday :D

I've not had a chance to get on and see how Dylan's been with the Comfort, sorry. But it does sound like he's really settling with it, that's brilliant news!

Yeah is is much improved, we started routine feeding him as of Friday instead of feeding on demand and he is doing really well, this has also helped with him being sick and restless cause he knows whats going on a bit more and settling his tum. Just dribbling up a littl ebot of feeds now, but hasnt pooed in 2 days now so hopefully its getting better at that end too cause before he had surprisingly runny poos for a formular fed baby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"