Amby natures nest

J

Jade--x

I've just bought one for when my LO arrives because I got a really good bargain on it :)

Just wondered if anyone else uses/used one for their baby?

Did you use it from birth or buy it when baby wouldn't settle?

Did they settle into it ok or did it not work?

Does it really help colic like so many people reckon it does?

Thank you :)

I'm interested to hear what people say about this too because I'm thinking about getting one for my next babe. Hope you get lots of responses :)

Have one, but LO needed to co-sleep in order to sleep at all (still need to co sleep and sometimes hold her for naps at 6+ months!), so are now using a sidecar cot instead. We tried from birth. Am certainly keeping it for the next one though. Sorry, I can't be of more help.

I had one from birth and it has pluses and minuses.

The pluses are it can be kept near to the bed which is lovely, it swings gently which is lovely for the baby. It does seem to help sleep, my son slept a minimum of nine hours a night from ten weeks old and went from 6am to 6pm not long after that. He may just been a good sleeper though. He really did seem to enjoy it and I have some lovely pictures of him in there.

The minuses are it can be hard to get your baby in when they are already asleep without waking them. So you can end up getting them to sleep somewhere else and have a nightmare trying to get them to bed that way. Also a baby will learn to bounce themselves in it which is cute, unless they are like my son and bounce it so forcefully it rips the material :dohh:. He found himself really funny bouncing it as hard as possible. We ended up moving on from the Amby bed when he was quite young because of that but I am not sure how long it would have lasted otherwise as he is a taller child and I don't think he would have stayed in it much longer.

With regard to colic, I'm not sure he had colic badly which was only helped by comfort milk however he also slept through the night. It may have been in a more traditional cot the colic would have stopped him sleeping.

I would defiantly recommend getting more than one mattress (and having a cover on it) my son wet through his so many times which he never seemed to do in the Moses basket, it must have been the position he was in.

The bottom line is I did enjoy having it, it was a talking point among the health visitors and midwives. Each one of them had a play with it and made comments about it (positive and negative), not one of them had seen one before which surprised me.

Ooo I'm interested in any comments you get as I'm thinking of buying one. Jade, can I ask where you got yours from?

Thanks
x

we have one he hated it waste of money for us so selling it x

Thanks everyone :) I guess every babies different I'll just have to see if he likes it if not I can always sell it. I've still got my gliding crib from Tyler which I luckily couldn't part with when he outgrew it lol.

Jaffacake I got mine on ebay some of them go quite expensive but if you're not in any hurry and you keep your eye on it you can get a really good bargain like I did :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->