AMH - 69pmol/l - above normal range... help

BobDog

In Limbo...
Reaction score
hi guys,

a little background for you, had our first appointment at ninewells dundee in march this year, and we had the usual blood tests (hep B+C and HIV test for both of us and i had a few others done including the AMH test.

so my problem - i had a letter though from them telling me that my result of 69pmol/l is above the normal range. but something un-nerves me about it, usually above normal range is a good thing, but they wrote in the letter that they may have to re-think the method of IVF and / or if it is an option for us with my blood work... am i making sense?

what am i meant to do with this information, i've tried telling myself it will be fine and there is nothing to worry about but there is a niggling stress of it.

has anyone got any knowledge if AMH and if so, please share...

Jen
xx

Hi,
I'm currently on my first Icsi cycle and have an amh of 41.4. It had made things tricky and I'm currently having a bit of trouble with it. What it means is that you are more at risk of ohss when they start stimming you. I had to down reg for three weeks and do two injections a day to ensure my natural hormones were switched off. I've stimmed with a low dose but have lots of follicles so they are monitoring me closely. What I've been warned is that I may have to freeze embryos and wait until my body recovers before doing a FET. It's not ideal but it's the safest option.
Don't panic too much, yes it complicates things but look at the positive: you should get a lot of eggs! Xxx

ah right, i assume that as you are at risk of hyperstimming then i would be at a higher risk... at 69... i'm glad you replied cos i can now be prepared for things not going as idealy as possible. they didn't specify anything in the letter so i assume that this would be discussed at our next appointment which isn't till october! :( but at least i have some sort of information out of them.

i just need to get my BMI below 35, maybe the number will drop as the pounds fall off...? who knows. but in a way i'm glad there are lots of potential babies in my ovvies.

has anyone ever had a number this high though and still gone through IVF with a happy ending? i know i shouldn't ask as i might not like the answer but i'd rather prepare myself as best i can.

I don't know honey tbh. The attitude my fs had was that it's the clinics problem to deal with, not yours. You have lots of potential babies in there and there may nit be a problem. I have been monitored very closely and clinic have been great. Don't worry yourself about it! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->