Amniotic Fluid Leak Test Strips

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by Icey, Jan 23, 2011.

1. Icey

Icey Well-Known Member

As normal worried pregnant women, has anyone tried these to keep an eye out for leaking amniotic fluid?
    https://www.homehealth-uk.com/medical/amniosense.htm
    They say to be used after 36 weeks, but i thought perhaps they are good for checking for premature rupture of membranes? Anyone got any comments, for and against using them to keep an eye on things before i go buying them?
    :)

2. Icey

Icey Well-Known Member

Oh I am 19.5 weeks so its earlier than it says to use them but i have read about people ussing them for this reason before just wanted opinions :)

3. Gemble

Gemble Well-Known Member

I wouldn't have thought if need to use them yet.. Wouldn't u just know if u were leaking? :shrug: I don't know =)

Xxx

4. DragonMummy

DragonMummy Well-Known Member

just sounds like something else to worry about to me. if youre leaking anything speak to your hospital or MW! internet test strips are never particularly reliable anyway!

5. miss cakes

miss cakes Well-Known Member

those things sound as bad as when people keep taking pregnancy tests when they know they are pregnant already just another worry you dont need! x

6. littleblonde

littleblonde kacey and sophie

I wouldnt. We have enough to worry about. You could get a false reading and think all was ok when its not. If your are ever in dought then go to hospital

7. Icey

Icey Well-Known Member

Yeah not going to bother, price is to much anyway, only reason i wanted to keep an eye on things is having been through 3 IVFS 1 FET and had a HSG and a miscarraige my cervix has been dilated a few times and i worry it is not as strong a it should be, i have no signs of anythign thus far, and would ask midwife if i could have cervix checked but she has not been the mst understandign or approachable to be honest :(

8. Rikki

Rikki Well-Known Member

I bought some of these because in my last pregnancy I was leaking for a few days, thought it was just discharge or urine, but it turned out to be amniotic fluid and I lost my baby at 19 weeks due to an infection that caused the membranes to break.

I don't think you need them unless you are actually leaking. but if you are, it's best to know as soon as possible, rather than leaving it for days like I did, and if I'd left it any longer the infection could have spread to my blood which could have had serious consequences.

9. beth_terri

beth_terri Well-Known Member

This is exactly what I was thinking!

Your ticker says your 74 weeks pregnant haha
    x