Amniotic fluid leak???

Torianna

Reaction score
Hi all,

When I woke up yesterday I seemed to be leaking a small amount of clear fluid down south, this has continued on and off since then - its totally clear and has no scent so i know its not urine. Baby has been kicking away like normal so I know she's still there, is this likely to be something to worry about? x

your fluids usually smell kinda sweet. I'd put a pad on and see if more comes out. I'd also call your doctor to get checked. Theres a simple test to see whether it's your waters or not.

It could just be discharge...but better to be safe then sorry hun.

GOod luck.....keep us posted

I would get it checked out hon. I hope nothing is wrong, let us know.

You need to get this checked to be on the safe side.

I hope it's just heavy discharge. x

Did you get this checked out hun?

I hope things are ok.

I had this when I was about 17 weeks pregnant - I was so worried. I had loads of clear watery discharge on my knickers, it soaked them right through. I was worried about amniotic fluid as well. I went to the early pregnancy unit and they checked my cervix which was tightly closed, they then gave me a scan and I saw the baby kicking about happily and plenty of amniotic fluid around the baby - with no obvious leakage. They did a swab as well which came up clear. They told me that you can get extreme increases in vaginal discharge in pregnancy due to the hormones - there is a name for the clear stuff, but I can't remember what it is called.

Definately get it checked out though, even for your own peace of mind.

Good luck, I am sure everything will be fine.

xxx

I have had this clear, watery discharge twice today. =( did have a bath this morning so was wondering if it was just water? Am a bit worried though.

leukkorhea is very common and can be just as you descrbe, but if you're worried, the doctor's can swab you to check :)

Thanks all, I phoned the hosp last night and spoke to the MW, she said to use a maternity pad and if it became wet very quickly to go into see them asap. I knew i wasnt having enough to soil a pad very quickly, and have just been keeping an eye on the situation again today and its not as much, so presumably its just a total change in the type of discharge I've been having.

I'm going to the hospital next week anyway, so i'll mention it them if it stays as it is now, or go in sooner if it gets worse. I can still feel the little one kicking regularly so I know she seems to be ok.

Hope all of you are well anyway x

Only just seen this thread. Glad its looking ok and baby is kicking away! x x x

:) its worth getting looked at :)

I had similar but mines was def amniotic fluid which started about 7 months and I was watched for the final stages of my pregnancy...scans to check on the bubs etc
everything was fine tho

:hugs:

Defo get this checked out babe

I really dont wanna scare you but if it IS amniotic fluid you are losing it is very serious & can lead to PROM (premature rupture of membranes) - Im talking from experience here :(

Its probably not amniotic fluid so everything will be fine but - Please dont take any chances :hugs:

Its far better to err on the side of caution with things like this xx

I agree....you should still go in and have them check it....b/c a slow leak is still a leak...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->