An embarrassing question....

JustThisGirl

Reaction score
I have a really embarrassing question to ask but needs must.... So here it goes....

Whenever me and my partner have any kind of penetrative intercourse, I bleed afterwards and I was just wondering if this was normal? I don't bleed a lot it's only usually spotting and only lasts for an hour or so... I have been to the hospital once before about bleeding and they reasured me that within a first pregnancy spotting is fairly common, although I was unsure about it being after any kind of intercourse? Should we stop? Or should I consult my midwife?

Thanks Nik.
Sorry I'm a little embarrassed about it.

Don't be embarrassed!

I don't know if it's normal, I haven't experienced it and would be tempted to talk to the midwife about it.

I did this with my DS, and I believe it is fairly common. My OB gave me the explanation that it happens because you cervix is sensitive during pregnancy and the blood vessels will sometimes rupture, but it is nothing of concern as it is just mainly due to an irritated cervix. :hugs:

p.s no need to be embarrased! pretty good question I would have to think, when it first happened with my son I was scared beyond all belief!

I got this with my first pregnancy, not everytime but some. I got it checked out & was told I had an eroded cervix (whatever that means!). They weren't worried about though & haven't mentioned about it this time or told me to avoid sex.

I'd still mention it to your MW though.

sounds like an irritated cervix wont harm your baby but maybe your partner could be a little more gentle? x

I didn't think it was anything to worry about as I can still feel my little man kicking away happily. However at the first sign of blood you automatically panic!
I'll mention it at the hospital as I have GTT on the 31st of this month.

Thank you for helping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->