An eventful night and close call

salazjm218

3 little ones :)
Reaction score
I apologize for the long post ahead of time but I just wanted to share my experience.

So last night about midnight I noticed I was having BH but didn't give it much thought. All day I had just felt off but couldn't really describe why. Well around 2am I noticed that they were getting more intense and frequent. By 3:30 I was so uncomfortable I decided to jump in the shower to see if it would help me relax. I had been timing them at about every 7 minutes or so. At 4 I sat down in the living room and began really timing them as they weren't going away no matter what I did. Well in 30minutes I had 7 contractions so I called the on call doc and she told me to go in and get checked out.

I got to the hospital around 5am and was put on monitor. I was feeling the contractions in my back and they would spread to the front. I was very very uncomfortable. They started an iv to see if it would help slow them down and gave me a shot of terbutaline. The shot worked at first but quickly wore off. The nurse came in to do a catheter to get a clean urine sample to rule out any uti or bladder infections. The results came back perfect and clean. Well after 2 more shots of terbutaline the contractions were still there. When I had first been checked they said I hadn't dilated or had any effacment and was at -4 station. After the 3 shots I got checked again and they said I was about a fingertip dilated. They decided to keep me for observation since I'm planned for a csection. Well the contractions kept slowing down and speeding up. I got up to use the bathroom and when I wiped there was blood all over the tp. I called a nurse in and she asked if I had any problems with placenta previa which I haven't. So she said it must be from getting checked but she would go get my nurse and let her know. Well I kept wiping and there was a thick little clump on the paper. My nurse came and said it was my bloody show and my body was probably trying to go into labor. After a while longer the doc came and checked me again and said I was officially 1cm but cervix was still long and thick and posterior. If I dilated another cm or 2 we would go ahead with the section. Well after more hours of observation and sporadic contractions they checked me again and I was the same so she decided to let me go home. Before we left I used the bathroom again and passed 2 more clumps in the toilet. The nurse said it was probably more of my plug. She didn't think it was from being checked.

So here I am at home. My back still feels achy and I've been having diarrhea. Some contractions here and there. I had some more spotting on paper and tiny little clumps. I have a doc appt tomorrow so we'll see how that goes.

Again sorry for the long post but just wanted to share my experience. What do you ladies think? Do you think I could go into labor soon?? What are your experiences?? I'd love to hear them :)

Sounds like your body is preparing for labor and if I had to guess myself I would say you are going to meet your lo very soon. Considering your only 35 weeks I hope lo stays a tad longer but even if they do make their arrival I'm sure all will be fine. :hugs: good luck

I think so too. Personally I'm hoping to hold out till at least 36 weeks. I had my oldest at 36 and she was 7lb 2oz and very healthy. But I can't help but feel like he'll be here before then...I passed more plug tonight with bloody show. And have been having more diarrhea (sorry for the tmi)

Yeah it's definitely sounding like he will be here soon. It's good that your first was so healthy at 36 weeks, hopefully that will mean this little guy will be a nice weight if he does have to come now.

Sounds like your well on the way - all the best with it!!

Well it was a pretty calm night. Besides the usual tossing and turning. I woke up this morning and went to the bathroom expecting some more show or something but it was normal. No spotting or anything. I can't lie it bummed me out. I read so many posts saying that a lot of women were holding their little ones within the next 24 - 48 hours

I agree I think u will meet your baby soon

It sounds pretty hopeful, why are you booked in for a section?

With my second I had to have a section because I had complete placenta previa. And with my third I wanted to try for vbac but my body just wasn't progressing enough so I had another section. And my doctor doesn't allow for vbac after 2 sections :(

Sounds like your close, hope everything goes well when it does happen

Thanks!! I hope is goes smooth for all of us.

I'm at the doctor's office right now. Passed more blood tinged mucus. Have been feeling nauseous and having diarrhea cramps without the diarrhea. I've been feeling contractions but I haven't been giving them much attention. Trying not to get too excited and then nothing happens

Update!!!

At doctor appointment I was on monitor and again contractions were every 2 to 5 minutes. She checked me and said I'm 2cm 50% effaced and at -2 station!! I've been put in triage in l&d to be monitored for an hour. If there is a change then he will be delivered today!!!

I'm excited!! But we have to have a bpp cuz baby had a heart decel after a big contraction and my doctor was not happy about that.

I'll keep everyone updated as things move along

I hope they get you sorted today, it's horri being in limbo, you'll have you baby soon enough I'm sure, good luck love xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->