An eventful night and close call

Update #2!!!!

Well my precious baby boy is here!!!! I had a csection at 7:30 and he made his debut at 7:42pm on September 10th. Even though he was born at 35 weeks he weighed 7lbs 6oz :)

I heard him cry when he was born and then it went quiet. I started to get scared and my ob said he was having trouble breathing so they had to put a breathing tube. It broke my heart. I didn't even get to touch him. He had to be taken to NICU immediately. As of now (6:37am) I still have not seen or touched him.

I hate it!! This is torture!! Probably wont get to see him til this evening. Only the hubby and MIL have been in to see him. I have to wait until I'm up and walking around and they won't let me try until 18hrs after surgery

Congratulations! I'm so sorry you haven't gotten to see or touch him yet. I can't believe they haven't made it easier for you to see your little boy! I hope you get to see him ASAP.

Congrats & Ahhh that's so unfair. I hope you get to hold your baby soon xx

Congrats and sorry about the circumstances. I hope you both heal and recover quickly :hugs:

Well I finally got to see my little man today!!! He immediately stole my heart. It's not easy seeing him through all the tubes and wires. I would switch places with him in a second if I could. I've been able to touch him finally but have not held him. His nurse is an absolute sweet heart and was consoling me when I broke down in the NICU. She let me feed him, check his temperature, change his pamper, and listen to his heartbeat and stomach. I finally felt like his mother and not so useless.

He is still hooked up to the breathing machine but has improved a lot. Unfortunately he is having trouble keeping his food down. So he's getting his calories and nutrients through IV. They're letting his tummy rest for 24 hours and see if that helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->