an old lady made me upset and angry today

snoopchick82

Reaction score
i was on the bus wit savannah to go to the city to get a few bits. While on the bus savannah started crying i think she maybe teething bless her i was talking to her to try and calm her down an old lady Who i was standing near turned round and said oooh what a bad tempered lil girl. I looked at her and said its not temper she is teething the lady said really loudly she will have a bad attitude like her mother youngsters nowadays they have no respect. I have no idea where that came from i was shocked i got off at the next stop and walked the rest of the way i was embarrassed.

what a horrible old woman!!
I hate old people who think they can talk to younger people like shit.

How rude! Obviously she's either never had children or it was a long time ago and she's actually forgotten that sometimes babies do cry!

Don't let it get to you - she probably wasn't expecting you to defend yourself against what she said so she felt like she had to cut you down.

xxx

What the hell? What a cranky old lady. I would have replied "No one seems to have respect these days."

Old people can be really nasty sometimes. Don't let it get to you x

How rude! Obviously she's either never had children or it was a long time ago and she's actually forgotten that sometimes babies do cry!

Don't let it get to you - she probably wasn't expecting you to defend yourself against what she said so she felt like she had to cut you down.

xxx

WSS.

Old people seem to be so impatient when it comes to new mothers and babies. Dont let it get you down, some people are just bitter.xxx

The sad part is she probably doesn't even remember or care about what she said, don't think twice about it and don't be embarrassed. You're going to encounter rude people along the way, just ignore their stupidity.

I hate most old people on buses, they have a dreadful attitude. So many people seem to think that age gives them the right to be nasty! I have heard many stories like this on here before and it makes me angry. I never really had it happen to me but mostly because when I got out my husband is with me I think (and few people like to start on big men) but I have no idea how I would react if someone said something like that to me, either cry or go crazy at them. DH often goes out to the shops with my son and I know how he would react. I get dirty looks or overhear not so quite gossip sometimes if my son cries (briefly) while out or because people think I am substantially younger than I am but I have not had too much said directly. :growlmad:

Babies (no matter how happy) cry from time to time, some people need to get over that fact. Sorry you had that happen though. :flower:

You shoud have told her that respect needs to be earned, and if she's gonna be such a cranky old cow then what the hell does she expect!! Miserable old witch!!!

OMG how horrible. My LO was screaming like a banshee tonight in Boots and I had two people tut at me. It is horrible, he was only screaming as I had put him in the pushchair and he wanted me to carry him, but with two boxes of nappies it was impossible. They make you feel small and crap though don't they xx Silly people

old people *rolls eyes*...

Once we were in a restaurant with my granddad and there was a noisy table of children behind us, he said really loudly 'why cant parents nowadays keep there children under control'!!!!!!

I wanted to die of embarrassment, i really dont think they know what they are doing sometimes lol.

Silly old bat! Would put you off getting the bus. There's always threads about nasty people on buses!! Don't let it annoy you hun, not worth it xx

Sounds like my MIL. She told my niece (1 year old at that time) that is she wants to cry, to get out of the house and not be there.

thanks for reply... It seems like Tuesday is pension day as the bus was full of old people note to myself stay clear of Tuesdays lol.... Now thinking about it i feel bit silly letting her get to me. I need to hurry up and pass my test so i can drive

I'm so allergic to old people telling me or children in general something about respect.

It's those very old people who don't respect the younger people to begin with, so what do they expect?

We're not in the 19th century anymore where respect was something you'd just call for - respect is something you earn by respecting other people, not by simply getting older.

While waiting in a quenue, some older lady kept complaining to her husband how the children nowadays are so dumb and unfriendly and such things. She did that in a way that everyone could hear it, even me with the LO sleeping in the baby carriage. And when I found she'd done waaaay too much talking, I told her that people like her are a role model for younger people as well (not just the parents and teachers), and that her being respectless doesn't help the children to respect other people. Dunno if that made sense, but I was very mad back then and couldn't resist saying something.

embarassed? I would have told the old nosey bitch just what she can do with her opinion.

I swear some old people are just bitter. There coming to the end of their lives and they see a little baby just starting theirs.

Horrible old cow! Sorry you felt embarassed & had to get off bus, that's so unfair!

Your story reminded me of when LO was 12 weeks old, he had a nasty chesty cough, sore throat, was sicking up his feeds etc, etc.

I took him to the doc's where he screamed the place down (just as he had been all night due to being ill!), she checked him over, said he had inflamed ears, sore throat & just a virus that he's get over, "after all he's not exactly a small baby":saywhat:. Anyway as I was getting a very distressed LO dressed Doctor then said in a rude tone, "Oh, he is an angry thing isn't he"

Angry - No! Poorly- Yes!! I took him back the next day & was told he needed antibiotics for his chest :growlmad:. Stupid doctor!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->