and another pregnancy announcement...

callmedan

Reaction score
me and ohs friends have announced they are expecting and even though i am happy for them... its hard!
feeling quite down today :( i just wish it was me!

Aw huni I no how u feel, my sil goes for a sweep on Wednesday, baby is 37 weeks and already at 9lb!! But it makes me want one even more, that's 4 children under 5 in my family when this one is born and since I started where I work at the minute there has literally been someone pregnant the whole time when I started there was someone already pregnant, just before she left someone else announced theirs and then just after she left someone else announced hers and now she's about it go off.

I get the biggest bump envy and when I tell my oh he just says up have one one day soon, and I'm like I want it now. We've been planning it for 6 months and we wud have started right away if it hadn't been for medication so really I cud be pregnant by now if we had, I do no however that we wud he mega stressed right now as oh has 3 weeks left in his contract

Yeah it just seems like the whole world is pregnant! Everywhere you look it's bumps and babies!
Oh at least you only have a couple of weeks left, how exciting! Me and oh have been planning for 4/5 months and 8 months to go! Can't wait till I'm at your stage, hope everything gets sorted with your oh :flower:

Unfortunately that short time is only until my medication wears off, it may take some time for cycle to come back. Unfortunately that cud take up to 6 months, or it cud be as quick as a week after. Also I had some surgery, erm, down there, in July and haven't been able to bd since but think were gettin there.

I have been naggin him for a baby since last year and he always said after we've moved but loads of things got in the way of that and he eventually came round, typical though that it was just after I'd started my 6 months of medication lol

callmedan I totally sympathise :hugs:

I have a similar length wait to you, just a week longer roughly as we're going to start ttc again when we go on honeymoon to turkey :cloud9:

Everyone at my university/town seems pregnant, no one I know but just everywhere I walk there is a woman with a large baby bump and they all look so fit and healthy and generally in shape with just a large bump. I hope I look like that when I'm pregnant!

This may not make it any easier to wait but, just think when its your turn to announce your pregnant you will have the newest baby being spoilt :flower:
And if they are like most mums you will be making them broody and wishing they had a baby again xx

thats true, this is quite selfish but i just hope someone in my close family doesnt get pregnant just before/after/at the same time as me as i want my time! is that really bad that i just said that!!

I know how you feel! Everywhere I turn, people are saying they're pregnant or are about to have a baby/have just had a baby.

Also.. DF and I have been ttc for 4 months, and I already feel stressed and angry that I'm not pregnant yet. Then I feel awful because people have been trying for years - I feel so selfish :( xx

Don't feel selfish, everyone wants it to happen straight away, u cant help it that other ppl have been trying longer.

All I will say is don't stress or get angry because that can play havoc with ur hormones and cause a problem with getting pregnant. For a lot of ppl a year is the point where they say enough is enough but I wud give it a few more months and then think about visiting Dr. Don't put pressure on urself xxx

I just found out on Thursday my friends friend is having a baby. I also found out a second cousin is having a baby too so I know of four women who are pregnant right now.Hopefully it'll be me one day.

Another girl at work pregnant, iv worked here a year and 6 ppl having or had babies now, I can't wait to leave so I can avoid it lol

girls i know the feeling!

it WILL be our turn before we know it.

I'm trying to think, I am pretty sure I only have one pregnant friend at the moment, there was a glut of babies being born over the summer that I've gotten to have lots of squishy hugs with. But yes, if a few more announce before I even get to start trying I'll get tetchy again! Total bump envy.

thats true, this is quite selfish but i just hope someone in my close family doesnt get pregnant just before/after/at the same time as me as i want my time! is that really bad that i just said that!!

U completely took the words out of my mouth. The rest of my family have had their pregnancies with no one else pregnant or someone tag teamed at the end lol so I really want mine to be just me, one brother is about to be a dad again, one doesn't want kids and is in Afghanistan, but the other has a 7 month old n he wants more so I'm hoping that the one about to be born doesn't make them want to start trying, Il be pissed as anything if I have to share mine. Mostly because they all live near each other n I live 100 miles away so Il be forgotten about plus I'm the only girl in the family (blood related, not including ohs) so I think it shud be even more special for my family

Totally understand. The wife of a colleague announced she was pregnant the other day and my reaction really surprised me...basically I was jealous! Not a good emotion! Fingers crossed it'll be us soon enough :)

Envy is awful, I get jealous and when that happens I can get nasty and mean. I always manage to keep it under wraps but iv managed to hold off having babies for like 8 years because iv just been too sensible and knew it wasn't right but before u no it time has ran away and ur life plan hasn't planned out

I can totally relate. DH and I decided a couple of months ago that we'd TTC in Oct, then my SIL was down and mentioned to me they were ready to start trying for #2. Ugh. Their LO was the first grandkid on her side and his side so they had ALL the attention. I hope we aren't pregnant at the same time. The only saving grace is that she's 6hrs away. Don't get me wrong, on every other aspect, we hate them being that far away. But in this instance I hope it works in my favor.

Envy is awful, I get jealous and when that happens I can get nasty and mean. I always manage to keep it under wraps but iv managed to hold off having babies for like 8 years because iv just been too sensible and knew it wasn't right but before u no it time has ran away and ur life plan hasn't planned out

I hope I have children before it's too late. [-o<

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"