• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

And back to CD1. How do you pass the time till ovulation?

squirrel.

Happy mummy of three
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Just finished my proper first post-partum cycle and it was a long one! I didn't ovulate till CD60 and then had an 11 day luteal phase, so 71 days in total. Craziness! Really hoping this cycle will be shorter. I'm pretty sure it's my hormones being out of whack after having my daughter and also still breastfeeding.

I'm hoping I'll ovulate before the end of the month. After all the excitement of the TWW CD1 always feels like a huge anti-climax. What do you guys do to pass the time till ovulation? Obviously work and family are my life :) but I'm left with all my TTC energy that builds up so much during the TWW and it takes a while for me to settle down again.

Hi! I'm on this site more than I want to admit. I clean, I try to work as much as possible, ... I just lose my mind lol. That's how I pass the time. Obsessing.

I try to stick with my hobbies, housework, workout routines, and the like.

Now that it's summertime, I'm starting to work on general home improvement projects as well, like: organizing cluttered areas, painting, decorating, upgrading/replacing small stuff like broken face plates on outlets, that sort of thing.

But since this cycle took 36 days to get to ovulation, it gets really frustrating! After a couple weeks I start obsessing and forum stalking again. If I had only two weeks to wait instead of 4, I think I'd do better. lol.

Well, I have 7 days left of work before summer vacation so I am using that. Once the break gets here I plan to really get to cleaning, unpacking, painting and organizing the house. We moved in April and it is still mostly in boxes. I am ready to finally make it ours.

I am also trying to lose weight so that is something I would like to focus on and start a workout routine.

I am on CD 2 with irregular cycles so I am not sure when or if I will ovulate. :coffee:

Hey Sqirrel, I am joining you again! CD1 for me. I wonder if we will ovulate around the same time again! Hope we are both more successful this cycle!

I try and keep busy. I work 2 days and have a 17 month old which keeps me busy but I also seem to have a lot of time to analyse things (and google/ forum stalk way too much!). I read the book The Girl on the Train last 2ww- highly recommend it! I couldn't put it down so made the evenings go a little quicker!

Good luck lovely ladies :dust::dust::dust:

i think we both started cd1 on the same day, june 12th? :)

so cd4 now. i have a job in IT so my days are pretty much occupied. we'll be trying smep this cycle, i'm hoping it works. i just take it a day at a time, i try to schedule an activity near the dates when af should be arriving, so that i have something to look forward to as well if af arrives.

Hi Squirrel. CD1 for me too here technically. Started yesterday but no full flow until this morning (tmi I know) . I pass the time by doing my crafts and fishing as much as possible. Its relaxing for me and keeps my mind off things. Hoping for a BFP by 4th of july for myself. Oh yeah and I stalk this forum like a private investigator too :D

Thanks for all the ideas ladies :D

With work three days a week, two littles and a list of hobbies as long as my arm I really oughtn't need any help finding things to do, but I get so obsessed by TTC it really plays on my mind! I'm taking my mind off it tonight with a glass of my favourite sparkling wine and feeling good about the fact that I'm not pregnant so I get to have it :haha:

I do feel better about having a March/April baby than a February one. February is still a bit cold here, whereas March and April the days start to get a bit warmer making it a lot easier to get out with the kids and a newborn. All that bundling up drives me mad when you've got lots of little ones to clothe and get out the house.

Ruby I hope this is our cycle :hugs: would be fun to ovulate around the same time, though with my 60-day wait last time, I think you'll probably beat me to it this time :haha:

It is the evening of CD4 for me and I am feeling quite positive! Just waiting for AF to finish and then will start SMEP next week! This AF has been pretty horrible- quite heavy and I have had heartburn and have felt nauseous throughout. Must be the hormones after being on BCP. Hopefully I won't have another AF for a long time :winkwink:

I am hanging out for the 2ww but I know it will be torturous once it is here!

Oh I have also got hubby on some special sperm vitamins so hopefully that makes his sperms strong- can't hurt :thumbup:

How are you ladies doing?

I am currently at 11DPO and trying to hold off testing for a couple of days. I did yesterday, fully expecting it to be BFN but I couldn't help myself. lol. I don't mind seeing the BFNs so early in the TWW so I occasionally use an internet cheapie just to satisfy the urge to POAS. Haha

Since my shortest LP was 12 days, and my average was 14, I figure if I can at least wait til 13DPO I could potentially be 1 day late for AF ooorrr 1 day early, and more likely to get an accurate result then.

Yesterday I did some long overdue cleaning of the master bedroom, washed my pets' bedding, and so on. It got me through a good chunk of the evening, and then DH was home from work and I could spend time with him as a distraction. I'm considering running the carpet shampooer today. You know what they say, "The best way to kill time is to work it to death!"

I am currently at 11DPO and trying to hold off testing for a couple of days. I did yesterday, fully expecting it to be BFN but I couldn't help myself. lol. I don't mind seeing the BFNs so early in the TWW so I occasionally use an internet cheapie just to satisfy the urge to POAS. Haha

Since my shortest LP was 12 days, and my average was 14, I figure if I can at least wait til 13DPO I could potentially be 1 day late for AF ooorrr 1 day early, and more likely to get an accurate result then.

Yesterday I did some long overdue cleaning of the master bedroom, washed my pets' bedding, and so on. It got me through a good chunk of the evening, and then DH was home from work and I could spend time with him as a distraction. I'm considering running the carpet shampooer today. You know what they say, "The best way to kill time is to work it to death!"

Good luck hon! Not long for you to wait now xx

Good luck hon! Not long for you to wait now xx

Thanks!

I got a little bit of cleaning done today but I am absolutely EXHAUSTED, and feeling out of sorts today. Shortness of breath, stuffy nose (that bleeds if I blow it!), feeling puffy. I'm trying not to take a nap and to hang in long enough to go to bed early, but I think I'm failing in that regard. Haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"