And the good news...

PeanutBean

Mumma to B & I
Reaction score
I've gone up a box! Hooray! :happydance:

Also, I've been getting some new feelings the past couple of days since wearing my lovely maternity girdle. Bad me says the girdle is causing mischief, good me says maybe baby is getting head down at last and the girdle is helping support her to do so (or the girdle might be irrelevant! lol) - I'd like to know what you girls think!

Been getting sort of cervix pains, only it's not like when the baby decides to explore my cervix with her fist, it's more a downward sweep from higher up and it's a bit sharp and painful but doesn't last too long. It seems to coincide with baby's feet jiggling an awful lot in my ribs (though baby is doing this A LOT so it could be coincidence). Also, the baby has been doing a great deal of shuffling about the past few days. It doesn't feel like the pelvic sorts of pains I got a couple of months ago. Also I tend to get bladder pressure about the same time and yesterday was having mild but definite period pains like I've not had in months. How does it feel when the head goes down?

woop :D

sorry you're in so much pain and discomfort though :( Hopefully LO is getting snug and you'll have a 38 week birth as opposed to a 42 week one!

Hope little one is getting snug down there and comes earlier! x

woop woop!! One step closer to the end! x x

Sounds like baby is preparing and moving in the right direction. Hopefully you will be early :D

xx

Sounds like things are looking good hun and LO is at least trying to do something lol!

Sounds like baby is preparing and moving in the right direction. Hopefully you will be early :D

xx

I sooo hope so. I've been getting a bit too anxious about this transverse lie so I really hope this is a good sign.

It's all good signs Hon. :hugs:

As far as I remember, when the head begins to engage it feels a bit like you've done something inappropriate with a bowling ball! :shock: Then you suddenly realise that you can breath again and can eat more than a mouthful without wondering how your going to finish a piece of toast. :dohh:

Congrats on moving up a box!! Hopefully your bubs is heading in the right direction!!
xx

It's all good signs Hon. :hugs:

As far as I remember, when the head begins to engage it feels a bit like you've done something inappropriate with a bowling ball! :shock: Then you suddenly realise that you can breath again and can eat more than a mouthful without wondering how your going to finish a piece of toast. :dohh:

I'm not even thinking as far as head engaging! I just want this baby to stop lying sideways. All the foot action along my ribs and these pains I'm just hoping that it's a sign of moving head down instead of spine down. If it was engaging too that would of course be ace though!

I hope baby is being good and getting into position!
I have a long torso, so baby has lots of space and will probably be in no hurry to engage. I was just away visiting my parents and mum told me that she went 40 weeks with me and 42 weeks with both of my brothers. We have the same body type, so I wonder if I'll be the same. Too much abdominal room for baby to swim around in and then he's in no hurry to move out!

:yipee: :yipee: :yipee: :yipee:

Yay at moving up a box !! Its getting closer now isnt it !! :shock:

Hope baby is playing ball and getting into position and thats why all the pain !!

:happydance:

I hope baby is being good and getting into position!
I have a long torso, so baby has lots of space and will probably be in no hurry to engage. I was just away visiting my parents and mum told me that she went 40 weeks with me and 42 weeks with both of my brothers. We have the same body type, so I wonder if I'll be the same. Too much abdominal room for baby to swim around in and then he's in no hurry to move out!

Right now I'd definitely prefer a long to a short torso. It's a total pain!

I can add to this thread now as I wans't sure before but today I had my scan and by pre-transverse baby is now HEAD DOWN!:)
And do you know what...about three or four days ago I felt similar pains - a pressure down there and a heaviness and I thought 'Ooh i wonder if he's moved' and he had!
So I am sure yours will/ or has too!:)
x

I can add to this thread now as I wans't sure before but today I had my scan and by pre-transverse baby is now HEAD DOWN!:)
And do you know what...about three or four days ago I felt similar pains - a pressure down there and a heaviness and I thought 'Ooh i wonder if he's moved' and he had!
So I am sure yours will/ or has too!:)
x

Thank you! Well done your LO and I hope mine has learnt the same trick!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->