And the majority of us wanted a girl?

leeanne

Mom of 3 and Stepmom of 2
Reaction score
Why?

OMG, my daughter, 8 years old and becoming so hormonal. She doesn't get her own way she's almost in tears, pouty and just plain :argh:

She wanted to bring the puppy in for show and tell today. I said maybe but I had made an eye appointment as my vision is getting crappy, and the puppy really needs a grooming and cut. I tried to say next Monday.

Nope. **Pout, snivel* No goodbye when I dropped her off. Nothing. Just attitude.

I think her and I are going to butt heads a lot more than her daddy and her. Have you found this with your older girls? That you butt heads with them moreso as a mother?

oooh lol ive got this with my newly turned 9 year old,

say no to her at your peril, plus the stuff shes askin for xmas :o

ipod nano
laptop
mobile phone

ffs shes 9 :| if she gets that now what will she expect when shes older?

i said no to all the above... shes too young for a fone, she can use my laptop under my supervision, and for what she'll do with an ipod id rather get her a cheap mp3 player....

cue the pout, slamming of doors, moaning etcetcetc

so she goes running to daddy (we're not together) who tells her he will get her a nano and a laptop more fool him coz hes a muppet she doesnt look after things like that

kids hmpf lol

Joyful, isn't it?

I ended up bringing in the puppy, but not cleaned up. LOL She went to a friend's house after school so I haven't seen her since her show and tell.

However, she will be having a talk when she gets home! LOL

Hannah's only 16 months and she already gives me more attitude than she does to Stan :rofl:

^You are going to be in trouble in later years. LOL

See this is why I didnt want a girl, everyone asks me why my OH got the snipe when we dont have a little girl yet, they dont believe that I DONT and never WILL want a little girl !!!!!! lol dont get me wrong I look at all the cute little girls on here and think awwwwwwwwww but nope not for me, I dont do girls. I think it is mostly because I am not girly myself and I couldnt imagine doing the whole hair, nails, make-up and boys thing !!!! No thankyou very much. LMAO

Leeanne I cant imagine that cute little girl in your sig being like that she looks like a little angel and a beautiful little angel at that xx

See this is why I didnt want a girl, everyone asks me why my OH got the snipe when we dont have a little girl yet, they dont believe that I DONT and never WILL want a little girl !!!!!! lol dont get me wrong I look at all the cute little girls on here and think awwwwwwwwww but nope not for me, I dont do girls. I think it is mostly because I am not girly myself and I couldnt imagine doing the whole hair, nails, make-up and boys thing !!!! No thankyou very much. LMAO
See, I thought that. I was pretty "meh" on either a girl or a boy but thought, on balance, I'd like a boy. When we found she was to be a girl, I was surprised to find I was rather pleased and now that she is here, I do think I prefer girls. I hope the next one is a girl too! (Although healthy, happy and all the right bits will do fine!)

I am the least girly person and she will not be frilly, frippy or pink at all!

My title was being sarcastic and I wouldn't change my girl for the world. Just love this new stage though. LOL :nope:

I have to walk on egg shells with her lately and try and get her out of her mood.

With that said, I am taking her out on the weekend and having the "talk." She's been somewhat introduced to it as our puppy is in heat so what better time to sit and explain.

My title was being sarcastic and I wouldn't change my girl for the world. Just love this new stage though. LOL :nope:

I have to walk on egg shells with her lately and try and get her out of her mood.

With that said, I am taking her out on the weekend and having the "talk." She's been somewhat introduced to it as our puppy is in heat so what better time to sit and explain.

Of course your title was sarcastic !!! if I offended you hun I am sooooo sorry :hugs: I know I said I dont do girls but I am sure if one of my boys had of been a girl it would have been completely different. I really do hope my post didnt offend anyone in anyway. :nope:

Hun, you are not alone, I have an 8yr old just like that - the attitude I get is shocking. We definately clash big time and OH says he can see himself having to pull us apart when she's a teenager lol, I hope it doesn't get that bad!

im confused, my dd is a huff pot and always has been, a close friend of the family has a 4 year old who is 10 times worse and totally flies off the handle - but i dont know what you mean by 'the talk' by the puppy in heat thing i am assuming it is to do with birds and bees? may be way off here though - how will that help - with mine i just enforce everything i say and never ever give in to her moods - if she stomos and cries she gets sent up to her room, i will not even entertain it - sorry if i am being totally thick and i wonder if i have picked up what you ment wrong but not sure where the connection is between madam like bahaviour and a birds n bees chat??

i have a 14 year old daughter :nope:

all i can say is god help you all :rofl:

no really tho, she can be "nice" sometimes! but the majority of the time shes moody, stroppy, pouty, she slams doors, stomps up the stairs, moans about doing chores an the only thing she has to do is empty the dishwasher and keep her room tidy (which she never does its like a tip!!!)

But it is all hormones and they will all grow out of it one day! I HOPE!!! :haha:

but i have another 2 daughter to go :cry:

OH will have moved out by the time they hit puberty i think lol

Of course your title was sarcastic !!! if I offended you hun I am sooooo sorry :hugs: I know I said I dont do girls but I am sure if one of my boys had of been a girl it would have been completely different. I really do hope my post didnt offend anyone in anyway. :nope:

Gosh, no it didn't offend. :)

I was just putting it out there in case someone did think I didn't want a girl. LOL

im confused, my dd is a huff pot and always has been, a close friend of the family has a 4 year old who is 10 times worse and totally flies off the handle - but i dont know what you mean by 'the talk' by the puppy in heat thing i am assuming it is to do with birds and bees? may be way off here though - how will that help - with mine i just enforce everything i say and never ever give in to her moods - if she stomos and cries she gets sent up to her room, i will not even entertain it - sorry if i am being totally thick and i wonder if i have picked up what you ment wrong but not sure where the connection is between madam like bahaviour and a birds n bees chat??

It has nothing to do with one or the other but more just a comment that I made that I was going to do this talk with her.

Because she's been asking questions, because I know in my family, girls develop around age 9, because it's time to tell her before she learns it from someone else. Many reasons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->