and the "morning sickness" begins...

Sophiasmom

Expecting #3!!
Reaction score
This is #3 for us, and this is the earliest I've had morning sickness. I've been a little queasy at times since about 4 weeks, and starting yesterday the full-on nausea is here. It's all day, getting worse as the day goes (which is not good for a night shift nurse). Ugh. It does reassure me a bit that my hormones are doing what they should. First appt is this Friday. I'm really hoping they'll do a dating scan the same day. How's everyone else feeling?

Me too! I was hoping it wouldn't kick in until 6 weeks, like it seems to for most people. Mine started roughly 4 days ago. First day I was sick in my mouth :blush: Beautiful! The second day, I was just a little queasy, but it was manageable, then yesterday I was full on sick. Today hasn't been too bad, but I've felt sick on & off all day :cry:

It's so funny because I had my booking in appointment last week with my midwife (4wks early as my Drs won't trust my ovulation date!) & when I told her I'd been feeling nauseous, she told me that was ridiculous, no one feels sick that early! Sigh.

Have you found anything that helps? I'm really trying to eat healthily, but the only things that don't make me feel sick are the things that are really bad for me.

I hope it passes soon for both of us! xx

I haven't found anything so far :( I know with my other pregnancies whatever sounded good one day was awful the next. I'm trying to eat little bits here and there, bc they say a big part of morning sickness is due to blood glucose level dropping. I've been able to eat fruit as long as it's tart (citrus mainly). Sweets sound awful. The thought of meat makes me gag. I'm so nauseated and so hungry at the same time! My MS with the others didn't kick in til 6 weeks or later, so this is definitely new starting so early. And I don't think 4 weeks is out of the question. I've read about several people that had it early. Twins, maybe?? ;)

Mines kicked in at roughly the same time as you ladies. It started as "I know I had a drink last night" mild hangover feeling (except obviously I hadn't been drinking) at about 4+5. I'm 6 weeks today and it had built up to almost bring sick when hungry/tired/just after food. I have also had food aversions that I usually love, and I have had slight mild cravings. I have nearly been sick a few times but never actually been sick and I have had fairly long spells of hangover type nausea.

Am I the only one who is excited by nausea? I have had 2 mmc's and an ectopic and this is the irate pregnancy I have felt sick in :)

Haha, I hope not twins! I don't think my DH would cope :haha: I have been exactly the same, I was snacking away on meat really well up until yesterday, now the thought of it makes me feel so sick! I get terrible acid, so citrus is out of the question for me, such a shame as it sounds so good! I tried some fruits, but they made me sick. Yuck. I have been eating a lot of carbs, which have helped somewhat. I was lucky last week, I wasn't too sick, just queasy if I didn't eat. This week has been much worse! So unfortunate that your MS has started so early this time! Haha, yep! Just one day apart :D

Aw, Loeylo, I'm so sorry for your losses. I do get where you're coming from & in some ways I am thankful for the morning sickness - if only to show me that things are going as they should! It's a nerve wracking time waiting to see if all is ok! Saying that.. it does kinda suck too :haha:

I was the same. Meat was fine until yesterday. I used to have awful acid, but I stopped eating gluten (except for occasional pizza or pasta) in November and I've stayed off my antacids. So far the citrus isn't bothering me, but I'm sure it's not long.

Loeylo so sorry for your losses. I've also had multiple losses and I know what you mean. The nausea is reassuring. I don't love it, but trying not to complain too much if it means LO is ok in there.

Hmm. Now what on earth do I take to eat at work tonight?!?

This might sound stupid but i really want morning sickness, don't know why maybe as a reassurance but im only about 5 weeks and been told that normally too early but guess everyone different

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->