and there are the butterflies.....

chipmunk wife

Reaction score
Hubby and I decided to start trying next month, and hopefully have a little bun a'bakin by December, and I couldn't be more happy about it, as this is the only thing I've ever really wanted or felt passionate about. And, of course, I think about it almost constantly. But then, for about a minute every night, this "oh sh**" feeling creeps into my belly and I'm like OMG 0.0 and I'm not even pregnant yet (that I know of.... we did, um.... slip up a day or 2 ago, and I should be ovulating around: now. Oops) We weren't wanting to conceive just yet because I graduate with my cosmo license in May and I really don't want to miss my boards because I'm lying spread eagle in a hospital bed squeezing a person out of my hoo ha. But then it hits me that maybe, just maybe, baby's already slithering down those tubes and into the not-so-giant cavern that is my uterus, and I kind of panic for a sec. Is that normal? I mean, don't get me wrong, my decision remains, and if baby isn't on his/her way yet, I still plan to start trying next month. But did anyone else have minor freak outs knowing they may have just taken a plunge they can't take back?

I got pregnant in August 2012 on our honeymoon, and even though I started having symptoms I was convinced I wasn't pregnant and it was just my period about to start. Hubby finally told me to take a test, which I did - and my heart stopped when it came back positive. I mean, that's what I had been wanting to see, since we were trying to get pregnant. But once that test told me we had succeeded I had a minor panic attack while sitting on the toilet clutching the test. :haha: Thankfully it didn't last too long and I got around to enjoying being pregnant, but that first day... whew!

Good luck with your license! :flower:

I got this way when my husband and I set a date to start TTC. I had wanted to have a baby for a long time, even before we were married, but now that we have a date to start TTC, I'm panicking because it's now staring me in the face. After the convo when we picked the date was over, I hopped in the shower and inexplicably started crying my face off. I was shaking, my stomach was turning, and I was, in general, freaking out. I'm still a little shaky about it, but excitement is taking over.

Of course, I keep remembering in the back of my head that we can always turn back and decide to wait to TTC. But it does feel like a plunge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->