and there goes the good mood-just wanna cry

Mize1982

Mya-My gift from God!
Reaction score
just checked my bank online, wasnt expecting anything in it but thought i'd check my rent payment had gone thru ok for last months rent ( get housing benefit so works out i pay a month in arrears).

well i log in and it says i am -39.80, i have a basic abbey account so have no over draft, no debit card its literally an account direct debits go out of and my benefit gets paid into.

It says that i have been charged -39.80 for a missed payment on my TV licence, which yeah ok i missed BUT normally if i am going to be charged it is only £5.00 and i recieve a letter a month before warning me. I havent had anything thru.

now i get 120.00 IS every two weeks and 100 from that goes towards my rent and leaves me with £20.00 for the two weeks for food. i am now either gonna have to not eat after the food runs out or be £40.00 short on my rent.

It has also taken my £10.00 hospital travel money for when i go into labour!!!!

I am sooooo p'd off just when my parents had put me in a great mood yesterday with their generousity. i've now been shot back into reality with something else to worry about!!!

I seriously cant stop crying!!!!!!! :cry:

Oh god hunny. Can you call your parents and tell them the problem? What about OH?
xxx

my housing money hasnt gone in for the past month, and my landlord is threatenin to kick us out because he doesnt believe that it hasnt come through yet.
rang them last week and they said it would be in by monday, so told landlord. checked bank today and only had init the money id be saving for food and xmas presents, so rang again and now there sayin thursday, xmas eve! i went mad and say how do i know and was in tears and asked them to ring my landlord and tell them becuase he doesnt believe me and is goin to kick us out, they said it wasnt there problem and hung up.
so im feelin ur stress. hope everything is ok!
x

I used to work for abbey crappy and if you've never had a charge refunded before they should be able to it as a one off goodwill gesture? Worth a try? X

just checked my bank online, wasnt expecting anything in it but thought i'd check my rent payment had gone thru ok for last months rent ( get housing benefit so works out i pay a month in arrears).

well i log in and it says i am -39.80, i have a basic abbey account so have no over draft, no debit card its literally an account direct debits go out of and my benefit gets paid into.

It says that i have been charged -39.80 for a missed payment on my TV licence, which yeah ok i missed BUT normally if i am going to be charged it is only £5.00 and i recieve a letter a month before warning me. I havent had anything thru.

now i get 120.00 IS every two weeks and 100 from that goes towards my rent and leaves me with £20.00 for the two weeks for food. i am now either gonna have to not eat after the food runs out or be £40.00 short on my rent.

It has also taken my £10.00 hospital travel money for when i go into labour!!!!

I am sooooo p'd off just when my parents had put me in a great mood yesterday with their generousity. i've now been shot back into reality with something else to worry about!!!

I seriously cant stop crying!!!!!!! :cry:

call the bank, tell them it was a complete oversight on your part and you are trying to learn to control your money as you have a baby on the way etc etc and they usually reverse it as a good will gesture...

I used to do this every month with barclays lol

my housing money hasnt gone in for the past month, and my landlord is threatenin to kick us out because he doesnt believe that it hasnt come through yet.
rang them last week and they said it would be in by monday, so told landlord. checked bank today and only had init the money id be saving for food and xmas presents, so rang again and now there sayin thursday, xmas eve! i went mad and say how do i know and was in tears and asked them to ring my landlord and tell them becuase he doesnt believe me and is goin to kick us out, they said it wasnt there problem and hung up.
so im feelin ur stress. hope everything is ok!
x

i've had the same problem in the past hun, i know its a pain but you can get a print out of what they have paid to you to give to your landlord to prove that they have not payed you anything when you say they havent and if you say to the council you want to give permission for your landlord to talk to them about the claim your landlord can call up with your reference number and speak to them.

Oh god hunny. Can you call your parents and tell them the problem? What about OH?
xxx

i have told my mum but because they helped me yesterday they cant afford to help me now. She did say however if i go into labour, especially with the snow again tonight to call an ambulance when i need to go in ( i want to be at home as long as possible neway) she said if they send us a bill they will sort it out but cant do anything now. I dont want to call an ambulance tho if i go into labour as there will be people who actually need it and there will be me saying sorry the whole time because of my bank!

The OH got his money thru today (still unable to get work) and he's paid all the other bills and is left with £5.00.

I ended up having to go for a walk in the snow, was out for an hour just to try and calm down

Can you get access from some kind of hardship fund? Maybe via the job centre or social services. You need to eat and be able to et to hospital for the health of your child.

I used to work for abbey crappy and if you've never had a charge refunded before they should be able to it as a one off goodwill gesture? Worth a try? X

i found this out last month when they charged me £5.00 and had that refunded, they said you cant have another on in a 12 month period! so wish i hadnt bothered for a 5er!!!

Can you get access from some kind of hardship fund? Maybe via the job centre or social services. You need to eat and be able to et to hospital for the health of your child.

i dont know of anything like this in the area, i know there are things like crisis loans BUT because i had to get one in jan this year and then one in june i cant have anymore. again its something to do with a 12 month period

dont know what else there is

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"