Angel Sounds Doppler!! I heard my baby's heartbeat today at 11w+3!!!! :-D

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by MILF2011, Jan 27, 2011.

1. MILF2011

MILF2011 Guest

Hi ladies,

I made a purchase of the Angle Sounds doppler a couple days back. It set me back 20 quid, but I think that this is the best purchase that I have made in a LONG TIME.

I missed the package this morning, the card said that it had attempted delivery at 9am and I was out. I ran to the local depot and this really nice postman was able to find it for me........

Eventhough it clearly states that you will not be able to hear the heart until 14-16 weeks, out of anxiety, I thought i would give it a try.

Mind you, my bladder was full and I laydown on the bed. Applied the gel to the doppler and slowly moved it around on the right handside of my lower abdomen.....

I could hear bubbles and squealching of what I had for breakfast lol!:dohh:

On the right handside about 1/3 below my navel..there was a heartbeat...!!!

I thought I imagined it so i truned the sound up!!! Absolutely amazing, I just could not believe it! I shouted to my aupair who was in thge house and she also came and listened.

I am at work at the moment but cannot stop smiling.

I will be checking it again this evening so that I can get my OH and children to listen :)

Is anyone else thinking of getting one?? I really do think that you should!!
    :happydance:

2. magicbubble

magicbubble Well-Known Member

ive got one but i can only hear my own heartbeat so far, and my bladder swishing, and gas going through my intestines, and blood flowing through my veins, and my vocal chords vibrating when i sing, and water going through my thoat and.... ok so i have got completely carried away with it but it is fasinating :) hope i hear baby soon though.... maybe next week when it is a bit bigger .....

3. MILF2011

MILF2011 Guest

You have made me giggle!! Try again next week with a full bladdler and see what happens!!

Let me know!!! :happydance:

4. magicbubble

i have been trying with a full bladder but it cuts my listening time down to just 5 minutes cos i always end up having to switch off quick and make a made dash to the toilet :) i will keep trying though. dont you worry and happy listening x

5. magicbubble

i heard it! i had to wee - sorry. but after that i layed down with my bum ona pillow and had a swig or a few swigs of water and then hunted and heard - about 170bpm does that sound right? :)

excited now cos i was starting to get worried. i tried to record it for my hubbie but everytime i went to plug in the doppler recording lead i lost the beat. eventually i lost it completely. but happy now - thank you for inspiring me to try again :)

9 weeks, 6 days!

6. kaths101

kaths101 Well-Known Member

Mine has been between 164 - 170 so sounds right to me :thumbup: