Angelsound doppler reviews? *UPDATE page 3*

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by OliveMartini, Jun 2, 2011.

1. OliveMartini

OliveMartini Well-Known Member

Ok ok, I KNOW there are a million threads about dopplers but here goes lol...

When did you hear your baby's heartbeat?
    Is it any good? £20 posted seems pretty cheap if you ask me...
    Any other comments?

:flower:

2. AimeeM

AimeeM Mum to 3 Boys.

Mine is due to come tomorrow, I was going to rent a hi-bebe one but another member put on a link to Amazon for the angelsounds for £12.98 and since it is free posting I thought it was too good to miss. I have read a lot of reviews and it seems really good.

3. OliveMartini

I was gunna get that one off Amazon but it said the dispatch was 2-3 weeks and I didn'y want to wait! :blush:

4. evasmum

evasmum Precious Eva & due 05 Nov

It's fab and I love it!

Heard hb for first time about 14 weeks, I could hear all the wooshing sounds and my heartbeat a lot before then.

Well worth £20!

5. Abzandbump

Abzandbump Well-Known Member

I brought one off ebay, heard babys heartbeat at 11 weeks (thats when i brought it) Angelsounds is meant to be one of the best ones and one of the cheapest but they do work well in my opinion :) Just have to use lots of gel, press down hard and take your time looking for baby and you will hopefully find it, its a steam train sound or a galloping horse, i find it helps to be in quiet room and have the volume on the monitor the loudest. If you go on youtube and type in angelsounds you will see some people have put it online and you can hear the sound yourself which will help you to know what your looking for xx

6. AimeeM

AimeeM Mum to 3 Boys.

Really? I got an email the next day saying it had been dispatched and should be here tomorrow? I know what you mean though I wouldn't want to wait either!

7. nickyXjayno

nickyXjayno Guest

I bought one used for £20 quid and have been listening to heart beat since 11 weeks.
    Your figure will play a factor in how soon you can hear it.

8. AimeeM

AimeeM Mum to 3 Boys.

9. ky24 la la

ky24 la la Mummy again :D

Mine broke after using it like 5 times........prob just mine that was faulty but was sllightly p*st off!!! kinda glad actually cuz started stressin out for no reason wen cudnt find heartbeat xxxxx

10. OliveMartini

Well I am quite thin, and when I lay down I can physically see and feel a grapefruit sized ball just above my pubic bone. I'm assuming that's my uterus? :blush:

11. AimeeM

AimeeM Mum to 3 Boys.

Yes thats it, it rises faster if you have previously been pregnant and more so if you wern't pregnant that long ago. Mine is around the size of 14 weeks now!

12. lesbianlove

lesbianlove mummy to 3 boys :)

i bought mine off amazon on thursday and got it tuesday so waiting wasnt long, tried it straight away and got hb within 5 mins and im a uk 14 well worth the money when u hear babys hb its amazing

13. pipsbabybean

pipsbabybean Well-Known Member

was it me who posted the £12 angelsound thread
    just wanted to say i got mine in 2 days ladies
    has the price gone up now? that sucks

14. Seity

Seity Mom to Gabriel and Samuel

I loved mine. Got it off amazon and heard the heart at 9 weeks. :thumbup:

15. AimeeM

AimeeM Mum to 3 Boys.

Yes it's gone up to over £15, they must have had a rush of b'n'bers and decided to put the price up :haha:

16. Gretaa

Gretaa Well-Known Member

i've ordered one on wednesday and it says it's gonna be here today! Got it for £13. Let's hope it'll arrive today! Can't wait to hear my baby's hb!!

17. Sini

Sini Well-Known Member

I ordered mine of amazon on monday. It arrived yesterday. Paid £15 for it. Found the HB straight away. Well worth the money. It does feel a bit cheap to me and I didnt realise I didnt come with a "screen" to actually see the heart rate. Over all Im happy with it so far!

18. OliveMartini

Well I think I will test it out, if I like it then brilliant! If not then I will get a better one with a screen :)

19. AimeeM

AimeeM Mum to 3 Boys.

Right mine just came so i can give you a review!

Compared to the Hi-bebe one the angelsounds it total rubbish! The sound is so distorted and i took me ages to find my own pulse. I did find the HB after ages of trying but still the sound wasn't anywhere near as clear as the hi-bebe doppler.
    For under £13 it was worth a try but i would be much happier if i had used that and rented the hi-bebe one for a month.
    The angelsounds is so hard to maneuver and angle like the thin probe on the hi-bebe one.

Some people will disagree but this one is not for me =)

20. OliveMartini

Well I think as it's quite cheap, if I don't get on with it then I will sell it on and buy a better one :)