Angelsounds doppler- anyone elses not working properly?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by ttcnewbie123, Jun 4, 2011.

1. ttcnewbie123

ttcnewbie123 Well-Known Member

Hi ladies, I've been using my angelsounds doppler every day or 2 for the past 6 weeks, not usually for very long, 5 or 10 mins max. Well the last few days it seems like its conking out, I'll find the heartbeat then the sound will go all fuzzy and cut out all together- it might just be the batteries I guess, I'll see if I can get some tomorrow to see but I've hardly used it compared to some ppl so can't imagine the batteries have run out already! Anybody else had problems with theirs?x

2. MrsH86

MrsH86 Well-Known Member

Mine hasn't done that and I've used mine a lot over the past 13 weeks. I would say try changing the battery though because sometimes you can get dodgy ones!x

3. bellaboo

bellaboo Mummy of two💖💙

I was told when I bought mine a few weeks ago that the battery that they come with are dodgy!! He advised us to put in a better make of battery. Could be because of that

4. AP

AP Well-Known Member

I went through 3 batteries in my first pregnancy lol

5. vintage67

vintage67 Well-Known Member

I would llike to get one but am concerned I will not be able to hear anything becaue I have "extra" padding.

6. Brieanna

Brieanna Well-Known Member

I have one that I used all the time and it could be the batteries but it could also be the battery connections. My battery compartment had a little slit in it and the gel would get into the actual battery compartment so I got a piece of clear tape and taped over the hole and dried out the compartment (without a battery in it) completely and everything worked great. :)

7. Cherrybinky

Cherrybinky Guest

I had this problem and panicked. It was the battery, Ive now got a cheap Asda one in it for 75p and its fine :)

8. Cherrybinky

Cherrybinky Guest

Im a 16/18 and I bought one and its been amazing. Ive heart babys hb every time. x

9. Ali90

Ali90 Well-Known Member

The battery in mine lasted for 2 listens, no more than a couple of times each. As the others have said change the battery. If this doesn't improve it you could probably send it back.

10. ttcnewbie123

ttcnewbie123 Well-Known Member

Ah thanks ladies, I will get some decent batteries at shopping tomorrow x

11. laughingduck

laughingduck Mother of one daughter

Yes I have one I thought was broken at one point, it also just needed new batteries!

12. jk28

jk28 Well-Known Member

Mine does that & I think you're right, it's more than likely the battery.

Jayne

13. pcake

pcake Mummy to our pork chop!

Yup its the battery hun- or at least i had the exact same thing, and it was just the battery. The battery mine came with didnt last very long at all, iv had to change it a few times but iv got a bad habit of falling asleep listening to LO, so no wonder the batteries go down quickly!!! Hope u got it sorted xx

14. lynnikins

lynnikins Well-Known Member

the tape over the slit for the batter is a good idea hun the gel could get in and interupt the battery connections

15. ellie27

ellie27 Well-Known Member

If battery doesnt sort it then check the headphones - the headphones I got with mine are sometimes quite crackly depending on position the doppler is in.

I got my doppler at 12wks with my first baby and had to change the batteries by the end of my pregnancy - was probably only using the doppler once a week for a few mins a time on average :flower: