Angelsounds Doppler Question?

ready2bamum

Reaction score
For those that have bought one. I bought one and it arrived today. I can hear baby's heartbeat right in the middle below belly button above pubic bone. I recognise what it sounds like from when I had my first boy and I was monitored at hospital etc. Thing is it sounds quite quiet in comparison to a hospital Doppler, im 17 weeks, is this normal, and I also think I can hear the placenta which sounds like a pulse/adult heartbeat with swishing sounds...I have a feeling ill have a placenta at the front it sounds so loud in comparison to the heartbeat.

So, question is, is it normal for heartbeat not to sound as loud as I imagined? sounds like its far away and buried quite deep in there. I think I could hear movements as well (but couldn't feel them).

Experiences please. xxx

Baby could be far back in there, sometimes I hear it quite faint but others its loud. Depends on where baby is and what its doing.

The good thing is you can hear it! :D x

I have an Angelsounds doppler too, and the baby's heartbeat was definitely quieter than my own/the placenta around the time you're at. I couldn't pick it up at all until sometime in the 14th week. I have an anterior placenta which I'd imagine contributes. I wouldn't worry about that at all!

Yes I just wondered because with my first baby it was much much louder but id never ever listened on a home device. I don't know the position of my placenta yet, my first was at the back but I have a feeling this will be at the front how loud the swishing was. xx

Baby is still pretty small at 17 weeks so it's got lots of space to move/hide. So yep, normal :)

I'm 19weeks and placenta is anterior so on my angel sounds i got the wooshing of the placenta and faint heartbeat, moved the thing ever so slightly downwards (i mean put more pressure on) and got a clear hb but no way near as clear as midwives do x

Thanks Naria...so good to hear others with similar experiences...ive had a few listens in and baby seems to have moved to a completely different position every time..i wonder if there is a limit to how much you should use it...im feeling it might become a bit addictive. xx

I used it every day from 12 weeks til like now lol. My mw said the only reason they don't want us using them is because we might panic if we can't find it or use it as reassurance if we've had a bleed or lack of movement.

I'd only use it once a day at the most though as it can annoy baby :haha: x

lol...Doppler abuse before birth....poor babys...lol...xx

There have been studies about the use of dopplers and ultrasound showing adverse effects on foetuses.
I'd personally limit to a couple of times a week.

Thanks Naria...so good to hear others with similar experiences...ive had a few listens in and baby seems to have moved to a completely different position every time..i wonder if there is a limit to how much you should use it...im feeling it might become a bit addictive. xx

I'm using mine once every 2days for 20mins max. And yea i found babies beat on the right then later far left and pretty low down. It was deffo the hb though as the swooshing of the placenta is a totally different sound xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->