Angelsounds Doppler

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by MrsO29, Apr 7, 2009.

1. MrsO29

MrsO29 Me-Hubby-2 kids-2 m/cs

Hey girlies,
    Hope you don't mind me posting my question here.
    I figure you all have more experience with dopplers than us first trimester lot!

I got the pink Jumper Angelsounds one with the LCD Display.

Although it's ok and I can pick up my hb and babys, it also gives me weird random readings.
    It can say 60 then 110 then 80 then 140.
    I assume 80 and 60 are me and 110 and 140 are bubs, but it varies within minute to minute. Surely our heart rates don't change that quickly?

Also even when I don't have the probe bit on anything it can give me a reading.
    Is it a faulty machine, a piece of crap, or are our heart rates all over the place?

2. Coffee

Coffee I don't know

I haven't got a doppler that has a LCD, i just have one that you can hear the hb with, so not sure i'm the best person to help BUT... i often time my baby's hb myself and often get wildly different results! In fact sometimes i can actually hear the baby's hb suddenly slow down and then speed back up again! My mw said its normal - when baby wriggles around a lot it goes faster and then when it lies still it goes slower - similar to our hb's changing when we exercise.
    Also i think the dopplers don't really account for baby moving out of range for a second or two, so it could move, but then count that as a lower hb? TBH, i've never worried too much about what i hear through my doppler and always treated it as a bit of fun and not a serious medical instrument!!

3. AP

AP Well-Known Member

Yeah MrsO29 I don't think you have anything to worry about, my LO HB varies too, and again, i have the angelsounds without LCD.

4. overcomer79

overcomer79 LT-TTC success 3.5yrs

My little boy is so active that we are able to pick him up for a few seconds then he moves away. We hear his speed up and slow down as well and ultrasound showed yesterday that his heart is working quite nicely so I wouldn't worry.