Angelsounds Doppler.

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by charlotte88, Jan 24, 2011.

1. charlotte88

charlotte88 Guest

What is the earliest someone has used it and heard the heartbeat?

Im considering buying one on payday (next week) and wondering if there is any point as ill only be 9 weeks?

xx

2. magicbubble

magicbubble Well-Known Member

ive got the £20 one and havent found a beat yet. can i recommend you get one with and lcd display that shows the number of beats? wish i did as i have seen on here people who didnt hear a beat but saw the number go up on the display so they know something is definately in there x

3. oboeverity

oboeverity Mummy to Ted and Willem

I really like mine, and it's on loan to a midwife freidn at the moment, For the sake of not panicking myself, I won't even try til 12 weeks
    xxx

4. Leanne09

Leanne09 Mum of 2 boys x

I bought an Angelsounds one and have been trying on and off since about 9 weeks. Heard lots of swooshing but no heartbeat! Was getting wound up, worrying that something was wrong. Had my first scan today and everything was great! My midwife said they have stopped listening in to heartbeats at 16 weeks and wait until after 20wks as it can cause worry. If u get one then be prepared not to find the heartbeat for a while...but it doesnt mean anything is wrong. The baby is so tiny its very easy to miss! Happy hunting xx

5. mummy2lola

mummy2lola Mum to 2 trying for 3

I'm a big girl (size 20) and I heard baby at 9+4 with my angelsounds.heard it everyday since,I couldn't live without my Doppler lol xx

6. Leanne09

Leanne09 Mum of 2 boys x

aww ur so lucky!! Im gonna be hunting again later i think!! Cant wait to hear it. Saw it on the screen today but there was no sound! xx

7. mummy2lola

Yeah I wish they would just turn the sound on.I always have to have a completely empty bladder,pillow under my bum and at the beginning I used to start in the centre of my abdo pushing on my pubic bone and really desalt slowly turn the Doppler in all directions (circle motion) with actually moving the Doppler away from that position,if u find swooshung then baby will be close so hunt around there,go ad low as possible as mine was still hiding behind my bone until 14wks and was normally in my right dip next to my hip.gl xxx

8. kaths101

kaths101 Well-Known Member

^^^ this, Ive got an angelsounds and yet to find babies heartbeat, because I had a mmc last year I really needed to hear the heartbeat this time around so I have rented one with a lcd display for a month, I have managed to find the heartbeat with this with the help of the reading - once it had shown the bpm I was able to press harder and heart the heartbeat, after a month I can go back to my angelsounds as I will know where the heartbeat is and will be easier to pick up..

The angelsounds is great and very clear - i can hear my pulse really well so I think its great for later on in pregnancy maybe 12-14+ weeks xx

9. magicbubble

oooo i find swooshing... but then it turns into my own pulse :lol: i havent tried with my bottom on a pillow though. im going to give that a go :)

10. magicbubble

thats great - i want an lcd one! :sad1: i cant afford it now though so i think i will just have to wait a few weeks for this one to do its thing. it does say on the packet it wont work till 12 weeks so im not worrying... too much :)

11. mummy2lola

Yeah it really helps bring baby out of hiding xx

12. Leanne09

Leanne09 Mum of 2 boys x

The swooshing is good...i think we must be close lol x keep hunting x

13. Sherley

Sherley One of each!

I'm glad you posted this. I tried my angelsounds yesterday and today but havent found anything yet. I thought I may have found something yesterday for a few seconds but it was so brief I cant be sure. Interestingly I had my hips raised at the time, maybe that's the way forward. I'm going to try these tips and see what happens! thanks :thumbup:

14. 05mummy07

05mummy07 Well-Known Member

I heart my DS2 heartbeat at 10 weeks pregnant with it :)

15. mummy2lola

I used to find if I couldn't find baby then I'd lift my hips right up and give a little up down shake,then try again and there it was xx

16. 05mummy07

Tried mine just now, located where it is due to all the moving! Babie's having a right party in there at the moment. Obviously can't find it's heartbeat, but moved the doppler all over and the movement is in the right of my pelvis :D went mental when I laughed!

17. Lottie86

Lottie86 Mummy to Findlay & Iona

I think it depends fro mperson to prson. One of my friends heard her baby on Angelsounds at 8-9 weeks but some people can't hear anything until much later.

When I was pregnant with Findlay my midwife really struggled to find him on her doppler at my 16 week check and I have only just managed to find this one tonight for the first time and I'm 14+5 and that's with a 3mhz doppler!

18. milf2be

milf2be Guest

iv never used one of these, but midwives find it hard to locate th FH at 16 weeks never mind 12 or before! you need to be careful its not yours you are listening to because you have large blood vessel going down the middle of your stomach which will be louder than the fh at this point.

can i just say too that later in pregnancy if you stop feeling your baby move or if the movement pattern changes then please please please go to hospital and dont just rely on the sonicaid!!!

19. 05mummy07

It's very obvious when you find baby's heartbeat, considering the speed difference :)

20. magicbubble

you can feel your baby moving already?