• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Angry red hair rant...

RUBY2122

Reaction score
Ooooh!! Am soooo cross!!

My husband is ginger... yes that is right GINGER - and he is GORGEOUS. I am so sick of people saying 'oh you do realise it might come out ginger!' about my baby!!! How DARE they?

To bring this to the front of my mind today - I just went on Facebook and some woman (this was not aimed at me by the way just a random woman that I used to know 100 years ago) has uploaded a picture of a little boy with red hair, the kid has his head in his hands and the line reads 'oh my god I'm ginger'.

I just dont understand - ok I dont expect everyone to be attracted to red hair same as I dont expect everyone to be attracted to each other in general but why is it considered ok to be so offensive to people with red hair? If that photo was of a black person and it said 'oh my god I'm black' or some other such suggestion then people would be (quite rightly) outraged at such blatent prejudice so why is it ok to do so with red hair?!

This upsets me so much - If my baby is born with red hair I WILL be upset because it will have to grow up in a world that is so bloomin rude and will probably have to suffer bullies and teasing all it's life.

Rant over.

Anyone who wants take the p**s cos of your hair colour is a very sad individual, and very rude to say that to you, red hair is gorgeous and if the baby takes after your hubby he/she will be gorgeous too, dont take any notice of small minded people

Making fun of someone due to physical appearance is nothing less then bullying. Even when those doing it think it' only a laugh and a bit of fun. It hurts.

Unfortunately the only thing you can do with idiots like this is ignore them and bring your baby up to be proud and confident in who they are, whether there hair is blonde, brunette, ginger or blue

((((hugs))))

I think blondes have it harder... EVERYONE knows atleast one blonde joke.... Just make sure no matter what color your baby's hair is that you let them know its beautiful because it really is....

Aww sorry u have had to put up with such rude comments! My little sister who's 6 has ginger hair and she is gorgeous and that came from another generation as my mum or step dad aren't ginger! I wouldn't be worried if my son came into the world ginger at the end of the day I would love him no matter what! I don't see any problems with having red hair! Some people just don't think before they speak! Try not to let it get to u Hun there is always that minority of people that are so rude about nothing! But it automatically bothers u because they bring it up!

It's not as if u weren't aware there was a chance your baby could be ginger seeing as the FOB has red hair!! Stupid people!! I would say something funny like 'really?? I personally thought baby would come out with an Afro or something??' lol big hugs hunni xxx

My husband is ginger and during my first pregnancy my own father used to ask me what colour hair dye i wanted for the baby .. Neither of my kids have ginger hair atm and even if it did turn ginger id still f'in love them it hurts and upsets me too when people are curel just because of hair colour you wouldnt say something about someone with a different skin color to yours would you? i just dont undetstand why people are so nasty about a newborn baby and how cares what color its hair is as long as its bloody healthy ya know? massive hugs xx

me and oh both have dark hair yet both my children are ginger and we won't be surprised if this baby is too.
it annoys me when one of my friends says quite often that my kids are cute for gingers!
i don't see the big deal myself x

thats so rude urg. I love gingers, always been attracted to ginger men.

I often laugh when people make the stupid ginger comments because it's actually hilarious that some people are THAT judgemental.

My husband being ginger worked so well in my favour, he is by far the best person I have ever met and is seriously the loveliest husband and father. some girls wouldn't date him because he was ginger, however I couldn't give a toss and if more people didn't he would probably have been snapped up yonks before I came on the scene.

If people are going to be stupid enough to dismiss someone because of their hair colour, then let them, THEY are the ones missing out.

The chances of me producing ginger offspring is high, My father is also ginger!

Well I'm ginger and proud also my eldest son is exactly the same as me and I love it xx

My dd is ginger and she is gorgeous! She gets nothing but compliments on her hair - from mainly the older generation tbh, must a younger generation thing to knock red hair!

I sympathise with you there seems to be an unwritted rule that it is ok to pick on gingers, we all love our kids no matter what colour hair they have and idiotic comments like those just show up the person making them.

Chin up - your baby will be gorgeous no matter what :)
x

I hear ya honey! I have red hair as does at least 1 child in every generation of my fathers side of the family. I actually had a "friend" make the joke that our child is gonna come out looking like ronald mcdonald (dh hair is curly as is mine) I was completely floored someone who is a "friend" would have the nerve to say such a thing! People are idiots! If your child is ginger be proud and show them how to be proud! My grandmother sat & watched Anne of Green Gables with me as a kid when it became odvious that i was getting teased. Now at 32 I've never dyed the red out and never plan to! Ignore the ignorant ppl & love your lil one to death, ginger or not!

I'm ginger, and I've been looking into my husband's family, trying to see if he possibly carries the red hair gene, because I would love some ginger babies! :thumbup:

If your baby is ginger, then tell people proudly that he/she is part of an elect club that less than 4% of the world will ever make it into! :winkwink:

Reading this has actually made me really quite pissed off on your behalf! How dare ANYONE make rude comments about the love of your life and/or your unborn precious little baby! I'd say something like "Yeah, and you know how your OH is butt ugly, there's a good chance your baby will inherit that too!" Actually i wouldn't say that, a) because that's going down to their level of insulting babies! and b) i'm too much of a wimp. I'm sure it'd shut 'em up though. They need a good slap! :hugs: xxx

That's awful, Ruby! Some people are so insensitive. They think it's all in good fun...but it can be extremely hurtful, especially to a child.

By the way... I don't really understand the ginger hate. Is this a fairly new fad from the past decade? My sister is ginger, and I don't remember this from when we were young. (I'm 36). People always thought her hair was gorgeous. They just assumed she had a fiery temper -- which happens to be true in her particular case. ;) But that's a whole different story. :haha:

That's awful, Ruby! Some people are so insensitive. They think it's all in good fun...but it can be extremely hurtful, especially to a child.

By the way... I don't really understand the ginger hate. Is this a fairly new fad from the past decade? My sister is ginger, and I don't remember this from when we were young. (I'm 36). People always thought her hair was gorgeous. They just assumed she had a fiery temper -- which happens to be true in her particular case. ;) But that's a whole different story. :haha:

Nope, my Dad had it, he was born in 1953 and people picked on him for having ginger hair. Not anymore though. But that's cos he has no hair.....

Red hair is gorgeous and unusual. I'm jealous! X

my bestfriends son was born ginger... shes a ginge herself and we were gutted that his hair was going brown but its now back to its beautiful gingerness. im quite excited that my daughter could be ginger too, i think its a stunning hair colour =)

Tbh I wish I was born with red hair. It is so gorgeous, so I just dye it that color! :haha: your baby will be beautiful no matter what hair color he/she has

I am ginger and I've luckily never been bullied. I love my hair colour and have never dyed it. My babies will most probably be ginger as DH also has ginger on his side of the family (more ginger than me though as his aunty's ginger and I'm more of a strawberry blonde). I would LOVE red-headed kids - don't they know we're a dying breed!!!! :flower:

My friend is ginger and when her son was born she actually said thank God he's not ginger..... then, he went ginger after a few months! I was so shocked with her saying that I made the point the other day to say I want a ginger kid!!!! It's so unusual and special.

Any idiot who wants to be a racist against black people or wants to hate gingers is a complete t*sser and not worth knowing. If they say that again I would just ignore it... If they say it again after that then I would lose my rag seriously!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"